GSync / 60 to 144Hz / random crashes

[ITS] Sima

Question

i recently bought a Lenovo Y27g (with 144Hz, with GSync) in combo with a geforce gtx 1060 (phoenix edition from gainward)

so i experienced some issues with this setup:

- game turns into blackscreen when switching back to desktop (video output freezes)

- game sometimes crashes instead of a blackscreen

i tried following setup to verify the problem:

- 144Hz | GSync on | fullscreen | vsync off -> blackscreen

- 60Hz | GSync on | fullscreen | vsync off -> blackscreen

- 144Hz | Gsync on | window-mode | vsync on -> not tested yet

- 60 Hz | Gsync on | window-mode | vsync on -> o.k

Does anybody else experience this szenario / this problem with Gsync or 144Hz?

PS: I think it has something to do with the difference in Hz between Desktop and Game. I could also see, that the game is ignoring vsync while in fullscreen-mode / even with vsync-forced turned on in nvidia setup.

Edited by Simanova [GER]

Contact me via deb-host.de

3 answers to this question

I have a strix 1070 8Gb,When I am driving the screen sometimes goes black for about 10s,but it has only happened twice,I do not know if it is a driver issue or over heating as mine is overclocked Gforce

Things That Make You Go Hmmmmmdff40m.png

@Hey_Wtf In your case it is probably a driver problem, I had that problem some months ago too with my GPU

and @Simanova [GER] for 144hz you have to use HDMI or displayport. Also make sure that your HDMI/DP Cable supports the latest standard.

• Upvote 1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!