Is lagging bannable?

Question

Hello,

since that happend i cant anymore sleep now:

i was driving at an Railcross, my engine stopped working, so i turned it on, then i drove over the railcross, and an small lag was. (pc, not internet connection)

the Guy behind me said, reported for ramming and blocking.

1. Blocking?

I was only standing 2 seconds, and the guy said blocking????

My question is:

Could i get banned for lagging? My PC is normally really good, I7 6700k and the GTX 1070. Im playing on middlesettings. There was quite much traffic, so the pclagged for 1 second.

Could i get banned now for that?

I have already one ban behind me for insult. I dont want to have to leave the MP by a ban.

I really need help now, im only playing MP (ETS2 too) and i dont have any other games. Only ETS2and some lonely race games.

Would be happy when it's not an ban reason, but i dont know. Because, the lag came from the PC. I was onlydriving.

No proof's avaiable. I was quitting, because i was mad about that.

... regards..

Edited by poland.ball
Removed Minor Profanity

3 answers to this question

Hello

Generally if you have major issues with lag you should stay out of those areas such as Duisburg > Calais road as it tends to be a major lag zone.

If you have proof of you lagging (fps counter) in this case as you were PC lagging and not having connection issues. But if you have proof then you can appeal the ban and if it's enough evidence then it will most likely get accepted.

When it comes to the two seconds of stopping and getting reported for blocking; I'd recommend you record everything you are doing to make sure you are at a higher safety standard so you can appeal bans more easily.

The Bot That Never Sleeps

If you see a forum post that might be breaking the rules, report it.

+Rules+How to become GM+Frequently Suggested Things+Feedback+

+FaceTrackNoIR+

Did your post instantly get Forum Moderator by me? No need to be afraid, they are doing their job.

Hello,

You're able to get banned if you do certain things. Like overtaking with a major amount of lag. If you have a potato PC then it would be best to stay out of destinations such as Rotterdam, Europoort, Duisburg & Calais. If you were driving and you froze for a few seconds due to lag you can't get banned. However, if you tab out then you can get banned. It's always best to record in case of evidence no matter if you're appealing or even making a ban request. But it could be there fault as well for not keeping distance. He needs to let people have lag because at the end of the day no one can help but lag. I doubt you will be banned for it though. 

Hope this helps! Merry Christmas!