ETS2 Multiplayer freezes (1-2 seconds)

bnd

Question

Hello everyone. I would like to ask if you can help me with my problem. I'm playin ETS2 MP for a long time and I didnt have any problems yet. But maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago my MP client start freezes for like 1 - 2 seconds in a periods. It's like every 2-4 minutes and it's really anyoing especially for player behind me. Because when i got lag, they always hit me and I'm not okay with this piece of sheet. I would like to play this game, but now it's impossible to play without making problems to other players. What's really weird is that i don't have problems with this on ATS MP. So my question is. What the heck is wrong with my client. I'm playin on WI-FI but i dont think so this is the problem, because i#m always playin on WI-FI so this won't be my problem. I tried to disable autosave but it seems like it's possible. Any ideas guys? Yeah and one more thing. Dont even think about HW problems with pc / ntb

1. I tried to reinstall everything from game, multiplayer client, TB client and like 2 or 3 times. 

2. I fired all of my employees, so I'm the only one as company owner

3. I dissabled game logs in ETS2 MP but it didnt help

4. 3 days ago i didnt get any lag but yesterday it started again....

5. Don't know how to fix this bullsheet :((

PIECE. I would appreciate any good ideas, that could help to fix my problem. Have a nice day

8 answers to this question

It's probably auto save lag (I got banned for that once as it was mistaken for an alt tab), of which I'm findi a way to disable myself with little success.

If it's when you're entering a crowded area, you may find it helpful to disable development logging- press tab, right click, click the cog at the bottom of the tab menu, then uncheck "Development Logging". You won't have any chat/spawn logs, but it means you'll have gradual lag rather than a freeze.

Hello. Have you test use wired cable instead of using wifi.

If you wait 5 - 10 min intill client/ets2mp goes back to normal agian.

Better to use wired cable instead of playing wifi, Wifi can cause problems like freeze.

No it's not just when i'm entering crowded areas :/ I already disabled this development logs and it didnt help me so. But thanks for adive. I'll try to delete my profile and create a new one 

Okay,

So the way I see it is because you're in a place which is crowded. Giving the game longer to process and load different objects around you like players. Say for instance I am on the Duisburg/Calais road and loads of people pop up on my tab in a time of a second. Then my game would freeze as it is loading different objects all at once. There is not really a fix for it unless someone has one but I would suggest  keeping away from most crowded areas.

This could also be by the performance of your computer and what it can take.  And the reason for you not freezing on ATS is because ATS is more optimized and has better performance then ETS2. It's is newer then ETS2  

Edited by Smalley