Winter Mod should not be "ON" by default

S2020

Suggestion Name: Winter-Mode should not be "on" by default after install

Suggestion Description: Winter Mode is primary reason on crashes, ramming in game.

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: There is lots of new players and most of them are not experienced enough. If people install MP with just pressing Next buttons, Winter Mod is by default "ON". "THEY CAN NOT SEE LANES" , half of arguments are about that, half of accidental ramming about that, half of road blocking is about that, almost all of the lane abuse about that. Those who like it can simply enable it already but should not be "default"

Either Winter Mod should look like this, Frost Mod or it should not be default and be optional if player selects it.

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

It should be on by default. It's an 'event' that the ETS2MP team has created, ofcourse it should be on.

And as Stuart said: Read what you agree to installing before you install it.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

you can also disable wintermod from the launcher when logging in

Ofcourse I can, but then again, I fairly drive well thanks to experience. I was talking about default off for new comers and if someone wants it, they can optionally turn it on, hence that statement makes me think some did not get what I'm pointing out.

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

It's their own faults if people simply press next without reading. Although it could reduce the amount of rammings and such caused by the mod it will most likely get the users banned for their actions if caught.

Point from Usta is sound, it's their own fault but it's a problem that is shared by the other users. Similar to the discussion about telling players about the non-sync'd traffic lights. From my experience alot of rage in towns is from players just not knowing that traffic lights are currently not synced between players, yet when someone suggested including a reminder in the chat window on the odd occasion about that fact, someone said 'Good players know about it, if you don't then it's your own fault'.

By not defaulting the winter mod will mean players won't accidentially have it enabled, which means less people are likely to run it (it doesn't add to the game for other players) which means more people will be able to see the road easier, which means they will hopefully control their trucks better, which means they won't run into you as much.

I don't see the negative there.

• Upvote 1

Valid point to be fair. Even though it's an event created for the mod, there's no reason for it to be set to on by default. Not that it makes a difference to me as I deleted it. Wasn't the best winter mod I've seen.

signature.png

Stobart Trucking Long Haul Division.

https://www.stvtc.co.uk/   https://www.twitch.tv/calbert

It should remember what you last selected as I am always having to turn it off as I do not 100% like the look of it. I know I can just delete the mod file but sometimes I do want it on when it is cold/snowing where I live. 

Add me on steam HERE if you wish. Just message me saying that you found me from the ETS2MP Forum.

Have Not uploaded many of my deliveries as waiting for STVTC TruckLive.

signature.png

• 3 months later...