ETS2 MP not working in WIndows 10

seamustrainfan25

Question

Hi guys.

I have ETS2 on Steam with Windows 10 Home on a 64 bit hard drive. I had re-installed ETS2MP on my laptop and nothing is coming up at all. 

I did an upgrade to Windows 10 last Wednesday evening. I think there are some files that could be missing or not working right after the install. 

Is there any way I can resolve this issue? Thanks. 

13 answers to this question

Hello seamustrainfan25,

From what you are saying, whenever you are trying to open up the Multiplayer launcher, nothing shows up? Considering you have Windows 10 64 bits installed, have you tried to right click on ETS2MP Icon > Troubleshoot Compatibility > Choose Lower Windows version ( Windows 8 ) and see if it starts?Also you must have the latest graphics driver and the latest DirectX Version.

Regards,

Rhastalord

5383666413.png76561198169027512.png

Hi there.

I tried lowering the compatibility to Windows 8 and all that came up on screen was read as this

Euro Truck Simulator 2 is trying to launch with the optional parameters below

" " 

If did you not request this launch or do not understand these options, select Cancel. 

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 on Wednesday so I thought this was a minor issue. But I thought wrong this time.

I forgot to tell you that I have two other games installed on Steam and one works so far which is named Cities in Motion 2. Another I have uninstalled is Mystery P.I. The Vegas Heist. That game doesn't work either due to a failed API. I have a total of 8 games in my Steam library so far. I don't know what to do with the rest of them are like but that matter is for the likes of Steam to sort out themselves. 

Anyway back on topic; anything that I should do next as another solution regarding ETS2? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I have Windows 10 for a year now and everything is fine for me. I think you are missing some updates, make sure you have the latest updates installed. If there will be nothing to update then try to reset your updates at Windows Update and redownload it.

Never give up. Hard work always pays off.

76561197993874215.png

4 hours ago, Freddyk said:

I have Windows 10 for a year now and everything is fine for me. I think you are missing some updates, make sure you have the latest updates installed. If there will be nothing to update then try to reset your updates at Windows Update and redownload it.

Ok. How I do this with Windows 10. I looked up instructions earlier but they seemed not to work for me. 

i also have Windows 10 but the "Home" version! Everything works fine for me! I have no problems with ETS2 or any other games! :D 

try to downgrade to windows 7 or 8 and reinstall windows 10 again! if it still not work stay at windows 7 or 8 and check out if it works there! 

I have the jobs screen back working again since this afternoon. To reset the jobs I had to go into my profile in my MP folder in My Documents and reset the economy function in my configuration settings in Notepad by changing 0 and 1 twice & by saving the file twice while I exited the game once.  The jobs came back since then. 

I have played for six hours today being glad that this is over. Thanks very much for helping me guys. I appreciate it a lot. :)

Problem solved - Locked and move to Solved.

REMEMBER to contact me by private if you still have any questions or doubts related to this topic.

• Upvote 1

team_team-game-admin.png    TEAM MEMBER SINCE APRIL 2016. SPANISH / ENGLISH IGA TEAM MEMBER.

how to appeal a ban      how to report a user       In-game rules      feedback & contacting upper staff