Unsupported game version

milmor7

Question

Hello,

today i downloaded ETS2 from Steam.

It's version 1.24.3s (no beta, just the latest official).

When starting ETS2MP i get the error message:

Unsupported game version detected! To play you need to have Euro Truck Simulator 2 v. 1.24.2.2s

What should i do? Tried downgrading to 1.23.x or 1.24.x but didn't help. Should the MP client get an update? (actually using 0.2.0.9.3 alpha)

Thank you

13 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Digi7al said:

Check your Betas and confirm you have NONE - Opt out of all beta programs. I have this one and it works fine.

Also welcome to TruckersMP!

Checked. I confirm i don't have beta.

If i check 1.24.x or 1.22.x or something else the game start updating/dowgrading, but with 1.24 public_beta nothing happens (the game name changes to "public_beta" but it's same version as latest one)

9 hours ago, Central_Processing_Cat said:

Try reinstalling the MP mod? It should work, MP is up to date with the latest SCS version.

The problem is that the latest non-beta version in my Steam is 1.24.3, while the supported in multiplayer is 1.24.2.2.

I think the only way is wait for a client update. Am i wrong?

Today i was able to play by reinstalling the client again, so now it's working with 1.24.3s.

@slawes3 and @snakeyy77 try uninstalling and reinstalling the multiplayer client (and re-check the ets2 path when prompted). I tried by reinstalling without uninstall but that didn't work :( 

Thank you for the support!