Map Editor Question

Sunstrider

You need to load the editor, when you make your changes, save. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\American Truck Simulator\base\map, copy the folder and .mbd into a new folder. Name the folder map. make a mod out of it like usual mods. call it test.scs in zip and store mode. put it in the mod folder and then load the game again. open edit test (or whatever you called the .scs file.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2016 at 4:59 PM, The Imaginative Lad said:

Do you launch in 32bit or 64bit mode? Sometimes when you start a project in 64bit and switch to 32bit mode then they won't show and visa versa. Other than that, I have no idea what is happening.

32 bit? i dunno. But i don't switch back and fourth.

On 3/24/2016 at 8:56 PM, Chjl1234 said:

You need to load the editor, when you make your changes, save. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\American Truck Simulator\base\map, copy the folder and .mbd into a new folder. Name the folder map. make a mod out of it like usual mods. call it test.scs in zip and store mode. put it in the mod folder and then load the game again. open edit test (or whatever you called the .scs file.

I do have the map folder where the maps are saved (like a tutorial showed me how to do). Also, i have no idea how to make a mod since ive never modded before.

What i do is type Edit in the console as soon as the game starts (SCS Logo) and it starts out all blank. When i try to open the map (name.scs? *cant remember, its been like a week or 2*), it doesn't show in the file list. If i try to open usa.?map?, it still loads as a blank map

@aquaticsparrow

Yeah... you need to package it into a mod.

1. have a base > map folder for the editor to save your files in, this should be located at c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/(game name)/base/map

0e75d12572.png

2. When you save your map in the map editor from now on, save it in this folder like seen above with my project "sid"

3. You need to get winrar for the next step. You can get this here: http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

4. Go back one step in your folders so you can select the map folder. Right click the map folder and click "Add to archive"

5. This will bring up a window. First of all select Zip file. Then rename the name and extension in the box. This should be your map name.scs

7538e908f7.png

This should be your exact settings. Name your map whatever you want and put .scs on the end!

Once done place the name.scs file into your mods folder.

Once the game loads up as normal open up the console then type edit name (for example because mine is called sid.scs i would type in edit sid)

Archived