High Ping Kick

GenuineMP5

Question

I've never had a problem with ATSMP until this past update (which I downloaded yesterday). I keep getting kicked for high ping, but when looking at ping in the tab window, it never goes above 90ms. Never had an issue with high ping on either US or Euro servers in either game (ATS or ETS2) until now. ATSMP is essentially unplayable as I get kicked within a few minutes of logging in.

Thoughts?

4 answers to this question

Moved to Help.

Ping jump is an issue -- You can keep your tab menu opened, and read the ping value every few seconds. Usually, a ping jump can take your ping to thousands before you get kicked.

To solve this issue, please make sure you don't have anyone sharing your network, and you have stopped all downloading/uploading processes.

-- One banned troll means one sad troll. Conserve banning. The trolls will appreciate it.

҉  PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF RECKLESS DRIVERS

SprinterFS.gif

Are you playing over WIFI or Ethernet? If it is WIFI, you could be experiencing some interruptions with the connection between you computer and the router. 

And even if you are monitoring your ping, a sudden spike to over 2000ms could time you out straight away without you even noticing.

Cheers

Trucking Australia

HHA Manager