[UK] New motorway services and electronic signs

EastAnglianTrucker

The motorways in the UK have services run by Welcome Break and Moto which often feature petrol stations, hotels and Burger Kings, M&S, Costa e.t.c. The current service stations are just your average equivalent of a BP, so my proposition is that we replace the services on the major motorways e.g. M6, A1(M) with proper Welcome Breaks or Motos to allow more drivers being able to stop on long haul routes. These new services can also be used as convoy meeting places.

My other proposition is that we include electronic motorway signs, that can be controlled my moderators. This allows drivers on motorways to be warned of traffic jams, speed restrictions, bad weather, accidents e.t.c.

As a starting point I was thinking these can be implemented on the major routes first, e.g. M25, M6. I have suggested the UK as it is the only country I know of with these motorway features, however, it may be a good idea for it to later be included in Europe.

Thank you for reading my suggestion and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

• Upvote 1

I wish SCS could implement some new models into the truck stops all over the roads. As you said, having some huge resting areas with some motel, gas station, and a restaurant or something with a huge parking would be a lot more realistic, here in Spain we have some in the main highways and I think there´s more than enough place in ETS2 map to include some.

It´s something to do by SCS so just go for it, enter their forum and make the suggestion, I hope you get the support. About the electronic panel signals... its quite a original idea, never thought of it. Maybe a lot of work to do for devs for such small feature though.

lkRjRkb.png

Agree, this has been implemented into Modded Maps, but if you want to see it in MP or default ETS2, then I would speak to SCS Software about it.

High End Transport, Driver | WoTRDB, Support and Translator | Freelance Virtual Photographer                                          

KVVcvfk.jpg

Excellence In Motion

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.