Late penalty - 5876 hours

askomiko

Question

In multiplayer, I can't get any delivery to work. I start, the F6 panel already shows "late". When I arrive, the results screen says I'm 5876 hours late. In single player it works as normal. I have problems with my PC clock, it doesn't keep time properly, could this have something to to with it?

5 answers to this question

If you start your job in single player and continue in multiplayer, it will sometimes be late. There is a time difference between single player and multiplayer. Also if you quit your multiplayer job for a long time and continue later it will be late, because server time will go on.

PC clock problem can be a serious issue, but I don't think it affects multiplayer. Easy solutions for that are changing time sync server or a bad motherboard battery. In one of the worst cases it's caused by virus.

• Upvote 1

Ready to go!

In MP, the time is based on the game server rather than just your local game. This means that if you do start a job in Singleplayer, then launch Multiplayer and carry on, the time will change and make you early/late depending on what time it is on the server. 

This means that everybody on, let's say Europe #2 server, will have the same time as it is based off the actual online server and not their game. 

This, however, is not the case with the weather, and the weather is still only based off your local game. This means that if it is raining for you, it isn't necessarily raining for everybody else around you on the ETS2MP servers.