Some MP3s play, others don't

TheReduxPL

Question

Hey, I have a big collection of Monstercat songs, sadly not all of them work. About like 60% of them do not play, ETS2 just keeps trying to play the next song, failing multiple times before it manages to play anything.

All the songs are encoded as MP3 320kbps CBR. Take a look at the screenshot.

titPuR9.png

The song to the left is played by ETS2 without any problems. One on the right - doesn't.

Is there any way to get all of my songs to work without having to reencoding all of them (~300 songs do not work...)? 

Also no, playing songs in foobat2000 or any other music players is not a solution. It's a workaround    :lol:

Uy7RSMH.jpg4574906475.png

^ Oh look at my speedtest results, they're totally legit! Internet straight outta hell! ^

12 answers to this question

I just play all of my music through my second PC, then mix it together with my primary PC. That way, I have full control of audio, even while in-game. However, it's a different set-up, and more of a work around to what you are trying to achieve. Re-encoding may be your best option, maybe look for some freeware which will re-encode a whole queue, so that you don't have to sit and monitor the whole process. For video re-encoding I use Handbrake, I'm not sure if it can do anything audio file wise.

0cRIb6g.png

SCS Software - Senior Beta Tester

Former Community Manager - Former In-Game Administrator - Former Squirrel.TV Moderation Team Member

Did I provide useful information? Please click "Like This" if so!

unsure of the problem, but i play my music through windows music player in the background.

The In-Game function can be a little iffy from time to time.

> Joined 29 Nov 2014 - 10 Year Anniversary <

History

Previously known as Louie G 

Former Truckers.FM Station Manager & Presenter

Former Apollo Logistics, Atlas Logistics & Nordic LTD Manager

I just play all of my music through my second PC, then mix it together with my primary PC. That way, I have full control of audio, even while in-game. However, it's a different set-up, and more of a work around to what you are trying to achieve. Re-encoding may be your best option, maybe look for some freeware which will re-encode a whole queue, so that you don't have to sit and monitor the whole process. For video re-encoding I use Handbrake, I'm not sure if it can do anything audio file wise.

I've tried to encode using Handbrake but it wanted to use "MP4" as a container which sounds a little bit... odd ;) I'm using Freemake Audio Converter but it's quite sluggish, do you maybe know a program that does it faster? Maybe by using OpenCL or something?

unsure of the problem, but i play my music through windows music player in the background.

The In-Game function can be a little iffy from time to time.

Is there any way I can configure foobar2000 so I can switch songs using buttons on my steering wheel?

^ Oh look at my speedtest results, they're totally legit! Internet straight outta hell! ^

Hi,

Can you try the nonfunctioning .mp3 files with a Converter, converts in .ogg?

Or make a copy and down enforce the bit rate?

~ Björn

If I re-encode all MP3s that are not working, with the same exact parameters (MP3 320kbps CBR), they start to work. But as I mentioned, I have over 300 songs and converting them would take quite some time. If you can recommend any converter that is noticeably faster than Freemake Audio Converter, I might do that but still - it's about time :P

Take a look at the screenshot in the first post. What I see is that both the songs have exact same parameters, except one of them was encoded with an older version of LAME and the ENC_PADDING value is different.

I bet you copied the songs from where your Music was originally placed to C:/(Users)/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/music/

I had the same problem but what you need to do is create a Shortcut in the music folder of ets2 with the link to where all your songs are originally placed

example:~

[WRONG WAY]→Your all songs are stored in C:/Music and you want those songs for ets2, so you copied them to music folder of ets2 in documents.

[CORRECT METHOD]→ Go to music folder of ets2 right click select new and click Shortcut now browse where your music folder is and click OK, Load up ets2 and everything should be working

atleast that's the way i solved my problem

I bet you copied the songs from where your Music was originally placed to C:/(Users)/Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/music/

Nope, I've only created shortcuts the same way you described.