Apparently arrived far too late at destination.

Königstiger

Question

So, last night I picked up a trailer, can't remember destination but it doesn't matter, I don't think.

I did have 9 hours to complete the job (in-game time), which was more than enough, but soon enough I realised it was time to sleep so I parked my trailer at a rest stop and left it there.

(I might have not parked it in the zone that lets you rest in SP but does that matter?)

When I completed the delivery today, it said I arrived late and I didn't get anything at all, not a single € or any xp at all.

So is this a design feature or a bug or what?

5 answers to this question

I didn't get kicked for AFK, I parked my truck, saved and left.

And I suspected that's the case, but I firmly believe that is a silly way of handling things. So I literally can't log out if I have a job, if my intention is to make money and xp (which it is, since I'm doing a career type of thing)

That's the way MP works since the beginning. In SP, time stops when you close the game, in MP, the game-time has to be synchronized by the servers, so it doesn't stop even if you close your game. You can stop playing, go and have lunch, return and be still in time to finish the job without penalties, but if you go away for more than a couple hours... Game time also runs faster than real life time, I don't know exactly, but think that for every half an hour real time, in the game it may be 6 hours...

Only advice I can give: If you're planning to stop playing soon for a long period (like going to sleep), don't pick long jobs, so you can finish them and close the game after. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.