can't launch ets2mp

tuborg91

Question

22 answers to this question

1) Uninstall the MP.

2) Run dxwebsetup.exe which you can dl from here https://www.microsof...ails.aspx?id=35.

3) Install the MP.

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

i uninstalled the mp, i runed the directx setup but still it said that no install necessary, so i went to system32 and moved d3dx9_43.dll on the my desktop, and run dxsetup again, it installed something, installed mp then still gives me the same error.

i'm running windows 8.1 x64 if that matters. 

go to CMD with admin rights and write sfc /scannow and hit the enter button

it will control your system files for corrupted dll files 

as example this would you see when it runs

2881161.png

be aware this process can take awhile so better if you do this before sleeping because you can't use your system to heavy when this runs

ETS2MP is a 32 bit program. Even though the error message tells you that the DLL is in C:\Windows\System32, it really is in the folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64. All DLLs in C:\Windows\System32 can only be used by 64 bit software. So, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3dx9_43.dll (file size on my Win7 box is 2.28 MB) seems to be the file that is corrupted. So, try (re)moving that one.

Uninstall MP, reinstall it and run it as administrator.

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

Hello,

tuborg91, for the second error please try reinstalling the MP to another location, for example: My Documents, D:\...

Let us know if that solved your problem.

i tried o desktop, in my documents and in D:\ 

i still get the last error