Update the media on the Download Page

Suggestion Name: Update the media on the Download Page

Suggestion Description: The Download page hasn't been touched since the mod's launch in 2016.

• Top Banner: Shows Europort being the Hotspot. Which died out by 2018. For those who don't know, this was CD's Ancestor.
  • The other images could be updated. One shows the old Police Car Livery. One shows an ATS Drag Strip Event, which ATS is dead now.
  • The video shows overlaid text with some players driving in a dead part of the map.

Any example images: See for yourself on https://truckersmp.com/download

Why it should be added: TMP is very popular, it's time to update the page and show what TMP is all about and what it truly offers.

Be sure to showcase the rules above the download button so new players can try to avoid a ban.

• Upvote 4

I mean, of course they could update this page, but most people are literally on that page for about five seconds while they click download now so I wouldn’t imagine it would be a top priority for them. (They would also typically only visit this page once unless they uninstalled TMP)

2 hours ago, MartinV90 said:

I mean, of course they could update this page, but most people are literally on that page for about five seconds while they click download now so I wouldn’t imagine it would be a top priority for them. (They would also typically only visit this page once unless they uninstalled TMP)

They could do something similar to the rules when it gets updated, scroll down to the bottom. But, each segment has to be viewed to before downloading.

On 3/28/2024 at 2:39 PM, Sunstrider said:

One shows an ATS Drag Strip Event, which ATS is dead now.

I think they should still show that one, or at least a newer image of ATS. It's important not to neglect ATS because otherwise it will die even more. Some people only play ATS, it's important we cater for everyone. Someone who goes onto the download page might be more likely to download if there is ATS content on there, rather than just ETS2

On 3/30/2024 at 4:15 PM, Stones8000 said:

I think they should still show that one, or at least a newer image of ATS. It's important not to neglect ATS because otherwise it will die even more. Some people only play ATS, it's important we cater for everyone. Someone who goes onto the download page might be more likely to download if there is ATS content on there, rather than just ETS2

They can use pictures from ATS Events like Real Ops. ATS isn't as active anymore and could lead to some wrong information of ATS being as popular as ETS 2.

23 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

They can use pictures from ATS Events like Real Ops. ATS isn't as active anymore and could lead to some wrong information of ATS being as popular as ETS 2.

That's the problem though, Real Ops hasn't been done on ATS for as long as I've been playing. I don't see the problem with a photo of an ATS meetup being on the page? It's not that misleading because big convoys do happen on ATS from time to time

2 hours ago, Stones8000 said:

That's the problem though, Real Ops hasn't been done on ATS for as long as I've been playing. I don't see the problem with a photo of an ATS meetup being on the page? It's not that misleading because big convoys do happen on ATS from time to time

I've yet to see a big convoy on ATS. Only the population chilling in Vegas as they wait for the next SCS update.

4 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

I've yet to see a big convoy on ATS.

It tends to be TMP's Official ATS convoy that get most of the attraction. There is however LKW Logistics' 3 Year Anniversary Convoy taking place in a couple weeks time which looks to have a lot of people attending.

You can click here to view all upcoming ATS convoys with more than 50 interested participants.

On 4/2/2024 at 8:02 PM, Stones8000 said:

It tends to be TMP's Official ATS convoy that get most of the attraction. There is however LKW Logistics' 3 Year Anniversary Convoy taking place in a couple weeks time which looks to have a lot of people attending.

You can click here to view all upcoming ATS convoys with more than 50 interested participants.

Thanks for that. But, i'm not playing ATS anymore until the map is completed.