Change Player Dots to be more reflective of what they are driving

Sunstrider

Suggestion Name: Change Player Dots to be more reflective of what they are driving

Suggestion Description: As we all know, each player within local range is shown as a circle that can be customized for color differences through the settings. Which leads to lots of circles filling up the viewing area on the map.

What if instead, the dots were updated to represent what the player is driving?

Snapshot.png?ex=65821177&is=656f9c77&hm=

This is a screenshot of mine from the past. I think 2022. Regardless, you see players and you see circles on the map. I like to set player dots to white so they stand out on the map.

image.png?ex=658395d4&is=657120d4&hm=80d

This is the idea. I'm not a good artist. As you can see, if it's a car or truck, it will have a different icon. And the icon will also vary based on the number of trailer they have and if it's a heavy cargo. I forgot to add one for a truck with a detailer trailer that isn't (un)loading cargo.

As an added suggestion: Allow the types to be filtered out. As an example, if someone only wants to see Heavy, Double, Triples, & Cars, a filter would only show those icons on the map. And it can be changed everytime the player visits the settings.

Any example images: Last image above.

Why should it be added?: Surprised this wasn't thought of before. And, it would be a good indication of what's ahead. Instead of seeing 100 dots stacked on top of each other.

Kudos to your drawing skills.

There are certain dangers associated with providing too much information on the display, for example

• Cognitive Distraction: a cluttered display with excessive information can overwhelm the driver, leading to cognitive overload. This distraction diverts attention from the road, increasing the risk of accidents.
  • Visual Distraction: Too many details on the screen can cause drivers to focus more on the navigation display than on the road ahead, resulting in reduced situational awareness and reaction time.

I prefer less but clear information.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

i would have to say this as a no as stated by blabberbeak this may cause distractions.

however....having at least a vehicle gross weight indication in the users tag i'm not opposed to.

P.S: Admin icon would be not recommended as game moderators sometimes also like to drive incognito.

On 2/2/2024 at 7:35 PM, [IMP] Rimuru Tempest said:

i would have to say this as a no as stated by blabberbeak this may cause distractions.

however....having at least a vehicle gross weight indication in the users tag i'm not opposed to.

P.S: Admin icon would be not recommended as game moderators sometimes also like to drive incognito.

For gross vehicle weight , see @Granite [SVK]'s suggestion here:

• Thanks 1