Event Server for American Continent

dr. will

Hi! Exist the possibility in the future to have an event server for the american continent? Or change the "us sim" for that purpose during events?

"US Sim" is a deserted place, maybe can be used during official event as an alternative event server for us. I don't know why, but some of us can barely play during events, some south americans doesn't have problems, 400ms but "playable", other can't play at all.

Can we do something, like a petition or something? I don't know how this works, don't know how many of us want or need this, we don't have a very united community nor a "loudly" one, for that this is more a question than suggestion.

37 minutes ago, Sunstrider said:
  1. Missed the orange banner with the format. Therefore, will be rejected.
  2. You mean the continent known as North America? Official TMP Events never open a dual event server for a limited time event.
  3. You are free to use the event system to make your own events.

Sorry. "North American" is not a continent! I don't know how difficult, expensive or whatever reason this is already not being made, I am not complying also. I just want to know if is something we can do to have a event better server for north and south Americans, having already the "us sim" with better ping for us. I mean "event" not as convoy, but like "real operations", nor Christmas for example, just events made on a small part of the map.

If I understand your suggestion correctly, you want a server in the South American continent?

Splitting official events onto two separate servers for maybe 5% of the players doesn't seem like a viable option.

Adding to that, it wouldn't have much of a benefit for most of North America anyways since the connection from most of North America to Europe is about as good as from North America to South America.

I understand it would benefit South America heavily, but I really don't think there's enough people playing from there for it to be really useful.

Also, North America is a continent, as is South America

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

24H4oa0.jpg

On 11/27/2023 at 10:16 AM, hijodewill said:

Sorry. "North American" is not a continent! I don't know how difficult, expensive or whatever reason this is already not being made, I am not complying also. I just want to know if is something we can do to have a event better server for north and south Americans, having already the "us sim" with better ping for us. I mean "event" not as convoy, but like "real operations", nor Christmas for example, just events made on a small part of the map.

image.png?ex=6578d419&is=65665f19&hm=276

Idk what map you're looking at. What i was taught, there are 7 continents in the world. North America is a continent. It's not one big "American" continent.

Don't comply lol. It's an automatic rejection. Staff won't discuss it behind the scenes nor make any implementations for your idea.

When suggesting a new idea, please make sure you use the template below, otherwise your suggestion will not be considered.

Don't like it? That's the rules listed on the new page of suggestions.

Staff are already busy enough. They don't have time for weekly events anywhere on the map. Officially hosted events are the best you're getting for a community wide event. Whether that's The Pumpkin Delivery, Breaking Ground on TMP's New HQ, or RealOps. They will never break down an event like this across 2+ servers. Regardless of how many attend or where they are playing from.

You can go and create a new suggestion for South American server support.

• Thanks 1
  • True Story 1

16 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

image.png?ex=6578d419&is=65665f19&hm=276

Idk what map you're looking at. What i was taught, there are 7 continents in the world. North America is a continent. It's not one big "American" continent.

Don't comply lol. It's an automatic rejection. Staff won't discuss it behind the scenes nor make any implementations for your idea.

When suggesting a new idea, please make sure you use the template below, otherwise your suggestion will not be considered.

Don't like it? That's the rules listed on the new page of suggestions.

Staff are already busy enough. They don't have time for weekly events anywhere on the map. Officially hosted events are the best you're getting for a community wide event. Whether that's The Pumpkin Delivery, Breaking Ground on TMP's New HQ, or RealOps. They will never break down an event like this across 2+ servers. Regardless of how many attend or where they are playing from.

You can go and create a new suggestion for South American server support.

Yup, sorry my spelling checker make a mistake there, "server for americans" not meaning as "server for north american continent" because all of us have a good connection with "us sim", even south americans. I mean, we have "us servers" for us, much better ping, not just for "north americans" but for all americans, like 130ms or less, Europe servers more than 200. And "us servers" are always empty, this was my question, ¿why not use this one also for officials events?

Phoenix already answered I think "not enough people", its OK, I understand.

As I wrote above, I am just making a question, to try to know if is possible, If we as a community can do something. If the possibility exist we can try to join all our VTCs, make a petition together, or raise funds, don't know. If you give me a glimpse of hope I try to write as a new suggestion.

Thanks for your time, sorry for my english.

Edited by hijodewill
clarify

50 minutes ago, hijodewill said:

As I wrote above, I am just making a question, to try to know if is possible, If we as a community can do something. If the possibility exist we can try to join all our VTCs, make a petition together, or raise funds, don't know. If you give me a glimpse of hope I try to write as a new suggestion.

Thanks for your time, sorry for my english.

There's just not enough staff to be able to split events into multiple servers. [US] is USA Based Server. [SGP] is an Asian based server. Both of which don't get used because the population likes Sim 1 for CD.

south americans for much better ping. Europe servers more than 200.

That can be the basis of the suggestion. Which you'll have to follow the template to get it. Maybe in throw in a screenshot showing your in game ping while playing on Sim 1. As someone who's from the US, i typically get 120+ ping. Sometimes kicked because it randomly went above the threshold.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

There's just not enough staff to be able to split events into multiple servers. [US] is USA Based Server. [SGP] is an Asian based server. Both of which don't get used because the population likes Sim 1 for CD.

That can be the basis of the suggestion. Which you'll have to follow the template to get it. Maybe in throw in a screenshot showing your in game ping while playing on Sim 1. As someone who's from the US, i typically get 120+ ping. Sometimes kicked because it randomly went above the threshold.

Thanks for you time again. I don't know about tmp resources and human resources, for me as a player tryckersmp is perfect, I am just a average TMP player, for that was my question, like: "is too crazy asking for this?" Of course if I have a solid suggestion I will write using the template. But I don't have a solid suggestion, maybe you can help me(us), with you knowledge and you english. XD

Halloween event was perfect, we where able to doit on whatever server.

Again, thank you!

8 hours ago, hijodewill said:

Thanks for you time again. I don't know about tmp resources and human resources, for me as a player tryckersmp is perfect, I am just a average TMP player, for that was my question, like: "is too crazy asking for this?" Of course if I have a solid suggestion I will write using the template. But I don't have a solid suggestion, maybe you can help me(us), with you knowledge and you english. XD

Halloween event was perfect, we where able to doit on whatever server.

Again, thank you!

Sorry. I can't write a suggestion for anyone but myself. I gave you pointers for what to include in your suggestion. It is up to you and your experiences to write out that suggestion. 

• Ping
  • Locale
  • Lag

That's all i'm giving you for your suggestion. Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sunstrider said:

Sorry. I can't write a suggestion for anyone but myself. I gave you pointers for what to include in your suggestion. It is up to you and your experiences to write out that suggestion. 

• Ping
  • Locale
  • Lag

That's all i'm giving you for your suggestion. Best of luck.

And screenshots! as you mentioned above. Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hey @dr. will,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, I will be declining this suggestion as you have not followed the correct format as indicated before posting.

With the above said we do already have an American based event server. For community events, this can be requested when submitting an event request and we will happily utilise this server for your event (Subject to availability).

Thanks,

Velo