Confusion about right of way and European roundabout laws

Wariortank07

In my opinion, you were not in the wrong here. That other person shouldn't have tried to undertake you on the roundabout, however, I do recommend checking your mirrors before making a lane change like this to prevent it from happening in future. You could also have signalled a tad earlier, you should signal to leave the roundabout from the penaultamet exit.

• True Story 1

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2023 at 7:01 AM, Mischievous_Vixen said:

Attached image is a few frames before he's temporarily out of frame. However, he has technically entered the round about. At this point, OP's turn signal is not on yet.
So in this round about scenario, was OP not supposed to yield to those in the outside lane?

Like if op was in outside lane and got hit, then I'd agree, other driver at fault.

Curious if anyone from that area of Poland can enlighten us.

Capture.JPG

No, thats a mistake but it wouldn't be his fault in an accident. Doesnt matter if the car is on the inner lane or doesnt use signals, he still has preference. Its simple. You are outside. if you entering the rondabout stops the car inside from taking the exit (lanes and signals dont matter) or force him to modify his speed, its your fault. Thats why going inside when a car is close on the inner lane is legal but risky, because if he forgets to use signals and changes lane or takes the next exit it will be your fault. What OP did wrong is to abruptly change lanes like that. 

12 hours ago, Takoumi said:

Doesnt matter if the car is on the inner lane or doesnt use signals, he still has preference.

Not quite.

Switching lanes is only allowed when it poses no risk to other road users. Any lane change should be communicated clearly and well in advance, using the vehicle's turn signals.

Failing to do so is considered as neglective driving which is a violation of traffic regulations.

• True Story 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator