Question about 'warp' console command

Mischievous_Vixen

Hey all, 
I would like to know if changing 'warp' in the console from the default of 1, to something less, like 0.9 is allowed while driving on TMP servers? Is the change visual only to me or would it affect other players negatively as my 'speed' wouldn't match the rest of the players? 

If it is allowed, I would like to hear from people what their preference is. ex 0.8; 0.85; 0.92; etc.

I tried to see if the wiki had any real info but essentially, warp, adjusts the pace of the gameplay/simulation.*
I am experimenting with different values in single player.  I find a lower value than 1, especially if FoV/seat adjustment was altered from defaults, helps bring the perception of speed back to a more realistic pace. No more doing 90kph but it feeling well over 100. I found a bunch of people liking 0.8 (SCS forums) but I personally am testing out 0.98.

Since the language sort of indicates it adjusts the actual speed of the game engine vs only perception of speed when altering FoV/Seat pos. I wasn't sure if this would classify as a 'speedhack' violation even if values are kept below the default of one and was hoping to get confirmation on whether it's allowed or not. I tried searching TMP forums, there was one result leading to a locked forum with a comment, but it was just the user that asked the same thing but got no answer in regard to altering warp while driving on TMP servers.**

Source:
*SCS Wiki 
**TMP Forum Comment

"Warp" is among console commands that do not work with TMP, and for good reason.

This command basically alters how "fast" the game runs, value less than 1 is slow motion, above 1 is fast forward, which would equal to speed hacking.

Default warp at 1 is very accurate representation of real speed, what affect perception of speed the most is FOV, the higher the FOV, the faster everything seems to move. 

For the correct perception of speed you would have to use FOV around 40, but a single screen simply can't contain the field of view of human eyes, so it would limit your view so much that it's not the default value.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator