VTC Liveries

thediamondbulletyt

I believe that VTC Owners should be able to submit liveries.

The way this could be implemented is a set list of ideals that every submission would have to follow. These submissions would then go through a verification process for any breach of the set ideals. Accepted liveries then get added.

To decide who can use them would be to see if they are in that specific VTC (On TruckersMP's VTC Section) and limit the usage to those members, while allowing other members of the community to view them.

I believe adding these with the above ideas would be great for the community. It would add sleeker designs to VTC Trucks and allow VTCs to match easier and get recognised.

It can be set up as a file for the VTCs ot 1 file for all but, when applying said liveries, they would be limited.

Adding the checking system wouldn't be much different from the Patreon checks

20210202171128_1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

VH-Ad-1-small.png.0ee7e9daed67c40cec8520b5232f1db7.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i do think this would be nice yes and by only have it as VTC owners as mentioned the amount of skins will not get too crazily out of hand......

if every single player can request skin's you will eventually easily hit past a million skin's.....

but if its 1 skin per VTC they can use (with the skin applicable to all chassis types of all trucks) the amount of skin's can be kept from getting too much and be less stressful for the server to handle.

and if you want your own skin startup your own VTC.
or just join a VTC to have a special skin.

However i do agree with that the skin's need to be verified before implemented with again max 1 skin per VTC and a minimum of members must be within the VTC before eligible to get your own skin....don't need VTC's pop up with only 5 people in it just so they can get a skin.

i would say member count of the VTC should be 25-100 at minimum before VTC can request the 1 skin.

6 hours ago, [IMP] Rimuru Tempest said:

i do think this would be nice yes and by only have it as VTC owners as mentioned the amount of skins will not get too crazily out of hand......

if every single player can request skin's you will eventually easily hit past a million skin's.....

but if its 1 skin per VTC they can use (with the skin applicable to all chassis types of all trucks) the amount of skin's can be kept from getting too much and be less stressful for the server to handle.

and if you want your own skin startup your own VTC.
or just join a VTC to have a special skin.

However i do agree with that the skin's need to be verified before implemented with again max 1 skin per VTC and a minimum of members must be within the VTC before eligible to get your own skin....don't need VTC's pop up with only 5 people in it just so they can get a skin.

i would say member count of the VTC should be 25-100 at minimum before VTC can request the 1 skin.

I agree with this, I also believe, instead of companys with specific number of members, VTCs that have been around for a while. Mine was established in 2018, not that many members because we hardly advertise but, if a company was just created then, number of members, I agree with

On 11/22/2023 at 10:39 AM, blabberbeak said:

I would agree if also non-VTC owners or members can upload their own liveries.

Equal rights for all.

These suggestions have to be considered as standalone and not have conditional arguments like players have their own livery, this entirely a new suggestion.

Sure I would also want to have a paintjob but to aproove thousands of individual players is way too much, as you have to take to account if it has quality and doesn't have inappropriate stuff.

You need to take into consideration this is an online platform and such moderations need to be in place to have a respectable enviroment.

Having only for vtc is way more manageable and ensures they will have some quality and not have any type of trolls. +1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:57 PM, thediamondbulletyt said:

The reason I put VTC Owner submissions is it makes more sense then singular player liveries as well as take up less space on the servers

I don't believe this should be an issue rather a limitation of truckersmp alone that should be fixed.

I see scs popping out map dlc and other paintjobs and the servers seem fine, we can not say no to everything just because currently it doesn't support it, rather put foward what we want to say to truckersmp "make it possible"

There can be a few guidelines to follow to ensure the paintjobs aren't to big and other things.

19 hours ago, MakeMe said:

These suggestions have to be considered as standalone and not have conditional arguments like players have their own livery, this entirely a new suggestion.

Sure I would also want to have a paintjob but to aproove thousands of individual players is way too much, as you have to take to account if it has quality and doesn't have inappropriate stuff.

You need to take into consideration this is an online platform and such moderations need to be in place to have a respectable enviroment.

Having only for vtc is way more manageable and ensures they will have some quality and not have any type of trolls. +1

One can only wonder why all VTCs should be given exclusive privileges that individual players who are not affiliated with a VTC would be denied.

In particular, if individual players were forced to download VTC paint jobs and without the possibilty to either individually select from them or even deselect them all.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, InsanoDeath said:

Nice Suggestion and probably one of the most requested feature. However as far as i know it cant be added to game or TMP due to the reason that the mods then need to be installed by everyone to be viewed by everyone causing lag and a big download size.

This is false. The Moderator Police Cars, Pilot Cars, Donator Cars, Switching Cars, TruckersMP Loads, Truck Modificatons and Caravans are all mods that we don't have to download and are viewable to everyone

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

One can only wonder why all VTCs should be given exclusive privileges that individual players who are not affiliated with a VTC would be denied.

In particular, if individual players were forced to download VTC paint jobs and without the possibilty to either individually select from them or even deselect them all.

Again, it's for moderation and space saving. TruckersMP sees around 7000 active players daily, through both games. If every single one could submit a paint job, it would be impossible to moderate. Limiting it to VTCs would give a more professional feel to TruckersMP as awhole but would also be a lot easier to moderate. As we didn't have to download all the vehicle mods that TruckersMP already has, some of which we can't all use, shows that not having to download them is a possibility, we don't download the 2 new cycling vehicles every month now do we? No, so it is possible.

1 hour ago, thediamondbulletyt said:

are all mods that we don't have to download

They are, but they are installed alongside the TruckersMP installation. To my understanding, if this was implemented, all of the VTC skins would have to be included in the TruckersMP Client download if you wanted to see them. The mods you have mentioned such as the scout car are indeed downloaded inside your TruckersMP installation:

C:\ProgramData\TruckersMP\data\ets2\mods

They can also be used in singleplayer by changing the file extensions to .scs and moving them to ETS2's mod folder.

• Upvote 2

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png