Gas Station Expand on C-D Road

.Edι A.

16 hours ago, in solo said:

Do you not understand me. 

You wrote that gas stations with many players can be avoided.
In this case, Duisburg could also be avoided.
But Duisburg was eventually reworked. 
Therefore, replacing old gas stations is normal and necessary. 

Indeed, Duisburg can be avoided by any player who doesn't enjoy high populated areas.

But this is the paradox:

many players intentionally drive there and afterwards complain in the forums about the horrible conditions. Then they suggest map editing, instead of simply avoiding what they apparently don't like.

Naturally, gas stations can be reworked to better suit the high traffic volume. But it shouldn't be done just because some players are annoyed by it, if they could explore a huge map without any traffic issues.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Guest killiash
6 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Indeed, Duisburg can be avoided by any player who doesn't enjoy high populated areas.

But this is the paradox:

many players intentionally drive there and afterwards complain in the forums about the horrible conditions. Then they suggest map editing, instead of simply avoiding what they apparently don't like.

Naturally, gas stations can be reworked to better suit the high traffic volume. But it shouldn't be done just because some players are annoyed by it, if they could explore a huge map without any traffic issues.

I don't see anything bad about this.
80% of the TMP project is popular thanks to this road, Calais-Duisburg.
For example, let's take 4200 players online, out of these 4200, only 1000 approximately hate the Calais Duisburg road.

I can just deliver cargo or ride with friends in another multiplayer from SCS
Convoys have long outlived their usefulness and are only interesting for one or two voyages. 
When you leave the Calais-Duisburg road, it becomes lonely and boring, as if you were driving through Chernobyl.  
Therefore, this project has long become an entertainment project, few people take TMP seriously. Basically, these are only TMP employees.

16 minutes ago, in solo said:

80% of the TMP project is popular thanks to this road, Calais-Duisburg.

Thank you for stating the plain truth.

18 minutes ago, in solo said:

For example, let's take 4200 players online, out of these 4200, only 1000 approximately hate the Calais Duisburg road.

I'll leave it at that and don't ask you for sources of these numbers.

20 minutes ago, in solo said:

When you leave the Calais-Duisburg road, it becomes lonely and boring, as if you were driving through Chernobyl.

Sadly true. I mentioned it to visualize the described paradox.

20 minutes ago, in solo said:

Therefore, this project has long become an entertainment project, few people take TMP seriously.

Fueled by "Idiots On The Roads" media, who would take TruckersMP serious after all?

• True Story 1

Guest killiash
1 hour ago, blabberbeak said:

Thank you for stating the plain truth.

I'll leave it at that and don't ask you for sources of these numbers.

This was my personal opinion and my numbers are by no means 100% accurate. 
But if you open the map online, you will see that most of the players who are in TMP are located precisely on this C-D road. 

On 10/12/2023 at 10:04 AM, blabberbeak said:

But this is the paradox:

As in solo mentioned, the only populated road on the TruckersMP is Calais-Duisburg, if you want to play ETS2 with other players, you need to stick around Calais-Duisburg, because leaving that area will result in a boring situation with no players. About the avoiding subject, we mostly go on Calais-Duisburg to play with traffic not to stay in traffic. I enjoy to drive with people around, but staying about 20 min at the gas station doing nothing is boring. If you want to avoid just the gas station you need to avoid the whole Calais-Duisburg, which results in leaving the whole traffic. That is my concern about the whole Calais-Duisburg road and Gas Station zone. 

7 hours ago, poopingcorn said:

Well, of course. I'm asking why they created an entire layout of C-D, where they probably spent a lot of work on, just for it to be used on april fools. A potential that has been used just for one day.

It wasn't as perfect as you might think, though - the fuel station closer to Calais had a huuuge queue (about 200 players were stuck there, if not more), especially when coming from Duisburg.