Current Opinions of TMP

Welshie

Greetings,

As an avid player of TruckersMP myself, I can certainly relate to the mixed feelings and varied perspectives that arise concerning the current state of TMP. It's refreshing to see fellow players engaging in open discussions and seeking diverse opinions.

In terms of the mod's direction, I believe TMP has shown a commitment to enhancing the multiplayer experience for the community. The introduction of new features like the "featured zone" can be seen as an attempt to add variety and create more engaging gameplay. However, it's natural for players to have different preferences and opinions regarding these changes.

Personally, I appreciate TMP's efforts to evolve and bring new elements into the game. That said, continuous improvement and user feedback are vital to ensuring that the changes resonate positively with the majority of players. Constructive feedback allows TMP to address concerns and make adjustments when necessary.

As with any evolving project, there is always room for improvement. Clear and transparent communication between the TMP team and the community can help foster a better understanding of the reasons behind certain decisions and changes. Moreover, soliciting more feedback from the player base before implementing significant alterations might lead to a more cohesive and well-received experience.

In terms of what could be removed, I believe that features or changes that significantly disrupt the core gameplay or lead to a less enjoyable experience for the majority should be reevaluated. Regular evaluation of the impact of new additions on the overall gameplay experience can help identify and rectify such situations.

Overall, TMP holds great potential to continue growing and catering to the diverse preferences of its player base. By actively seeking and considering player feedback, staying open to constructive criticism, and striking a balance between innovation and maintaining the essence of the game, TMP can ensure a positive trajectory for the mod.

Thank you for initiating this discussion, as it allows us to collectively shape the future of TMP and foster an even more enjoyable and engaging virtual trucking experience.

Best regards,
AlparslanK

Karakteriniz düzgün olsun ki gerisini hallederiz..

My first condition is that your character is not broken...

AlparslanK

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 5:22 PM, [MCG] RedWolf [CZ] ~ said:

Hey there @Welshie

First of all thank you very much for creating thus topic as it is a current situation that should be discussed. 

Unfortunately, it's a community like any other, it has own rules their procedures etc. 

However, there are a few things I've been unhappy with lately, and I don't think it's just me.. I'm sorry, as I have and still do devote a lot of time to the TruckersMP community and the TMP staff knows me very well. Now I've come to realize that I'm actually unnecessary here.  😞 

I may be ruining myself the chance to be on TruckersMP staff now, but unfortunately I've run out of patience, I'm sorry, and no one will take my opinion away. As much as I like some of the team members, I have to share this.

I could start with the recruitment system for example, where I think a lot of things should be changed as a lot of people in the community get their applications rejected for almost nothing with some reason like - > Following on from your application, we did not gain a great sense of confidence and therefore are not happy to move forward (it's something like they do not care about your application, just throw it away in to sky. They're in the role of managers, they don't feel the feeling of those people trying, their stress and euphoria of getting on the team. They can do anything, they'll say no whenever they want. The other thing is, for example, some people take things too seriously, and then they make the situation unnecessarily tragic. It's just a game, and people just don't understand that instead of banning/warning people for something that actually helped the community but was against the rules, they will rather warn that guy instead of finding someone who's really breaking the rules. Over the years on this community, I've come to the conclusion that the Staff community doesn't need me, or I don't even need to try. What's very sad though is that what I mentioned on my profile is all true, it's not an attack against the community or an insult or anything. I didn't give up even when I got rejected, I said to myself, try another time... cause  I'd like to come back because being on the team is a great thing and I really enjoyed it, honestly.  A lot of people who would be seriously active are rejected, others who are really active are accepted. What's that? Is this fair, I'd say no, and a lot of people would agree with me. 

So what do I wish would change?
- The actions of some of the team members, their decision making, maybe they could be a little more professional at times when they try to look like that.
- to realise that every person who commits to help and is recognised that they could be the right person, give them a chance
- Adjust the ban system, I would say the ban system on TMP is too nice to players who break the rules
- To still be a great community as it is now.

Unfortunately nobody takes this to heart, so what I write here is actually useless. I've changed my mind about a lot of things in the community, although I still believed in something different. I could list a lot of other things, I think that's enough

All is being said from my heart! 

Sincerely,

RedWolf [CZ]

TruckersMP Veteran Driver | MCG Driver

Mate, I agree with you 100% I have been rejected 4 times already which discourages and demotivates me to even try again. I hate to say this even here but I think they favor some players they get along with, and yes I have seen this unfortunately. I love TMP as it is a lovely Community but when it comes to recruitment and the decisions the Managers make to give an opportunity, it's not great. 

I am sure others have be declined more than 4 times, but why be declined so many times in the first place, give a chance I mean all positions have a trial period for a reason. As a HR Manager for 12+ years when I do see an applicant for a 3rd time, we give them an opportunity and gladfully it worked out great in most of the cases we have hired someone who applied several times which is not more than 3 times.

I just do think TMP has VERY high standards which can be unfair to an extent. 

I hope this can be improved in the future for others who want to join TMP as a staff member. 

• Upvote 1

I used to play TMP quite a lot between late 2017 to maybe mid 2021 which is around when convoy mode came out then I played much less. Currently haven't gotten on at all, I don't like the decisions that TMP has been making such as getting rid of permanent bans encouraging trolls to ruin the game for others so I primarily switched to convoy mode. Like others have said TMP is encouraging reckless driving with soft rules.

Although last time I played TMP was June 2022 (or even ETS2 at all for that matter, mostly playing convoy mode in ATS now) which is around when the new challenging Alps route came out from the Austria rework and it was a popular road in TMP for maybe 1-2 months. I noticed way more people drove sensibly on that road than on CD road, still some trolls but it was much better. Also did the Operation HQ 3 months before and got the achievement on my profile, despite the traffic jams it was fun for some time.

But overall I find myself not playing TMP at all lately or VERY rarely but I'm still somewhat active on the forums to see what's going on, maybe TMP will come out with something cool. I think AI traffic will definitely do it for me so I can drive all over the map with traffic but they hyped it so early when it's not even close to being released, it's been FIVE YEARS since they announced it and said it's coming "soon" in the video description.

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Community Moderator + Support