Increase the Trailer Limit for ETS2

Description
Increase the trailer limit for ETS2. I noticed the limit has been increased for ATS but not ETS2. It would be super amazing if the limit was also increased for ETS2 even if by just one.

Why should this be added?

This would introduce the ability to configure much more unique trailer combinations. I personally would love to be able replicate the heavy haulers I see here in Australia.

I understand a concern for increasing the limit would be the potential for higher traffic jams. I would like to counter that by saying, regardless of how many trailers the player is hauling, it is still the players' responsibility to ensure they are not impeding the flow of traffic via blocking or their inability to operate their vehicle combination. Players are not excused from those rules whether they are towing 1 trailer or 3 and increasing the limit would not give players a free pass to violate them.

If traffic jams still are a concern, however, I would propose the option to restrict the increased trailer limit to highest-tier patrons only This would mean less players overall are able to tow more trailers while also giving patrons an incentive to pledge and support the TruckersMP server. I think this would be a great option as the current list of Master Trucker patron perks is rather limited.

• Upvote 2

• D3V1L0M3N changed the title to Increase the Trailer Limit for ETS2
6 minutes ago, [GTW] !!.AMIXSO.!! said:

In my opinion, this could lead to a lot of problems on big servers like SIM1 and be a flavor for people who want to troll.
We must also remember that Euro Truck is mapped to Europe, not Australia.

But this is just my opinion everyone may think differently.

I guess there will always be those people that want to troll and ruin the experience for others regardless of shape or size of vehicle combo. But I think your point would strengthen the reasoning for limiting it to Master Trucker patrons as I imagine that most players who pledge aren't hopping on the server with the sole intention of disrupting other player's experience.

I do agree with your point on the map. It's definitely not full of the straight endless highways we have here in Australia, though there is one route I've recently taken a liking to: Rotterdam to Graz. Once you pass Frankfurt Am Main, it's a straight shot rest of the way. One long stretch of highway with big sweeping curves. And since barely any players go out that far, I like to roleplay an interstate road train driver through there. But maybe I'm just weird that way 😅

4 hours ago, D3V1L0M3N said:

I personally would love to be able replicate the heavy haulers I see here in Australia.

ETS2 is based in Europe and European roads are nothing like Australian ones. Same as the road rules and regulations. In most European countries, not even b-doubles are allowed, TruckersMP allows triples to be driven everywhere in the map (except the Kirkennes quarry road in Promods).

But hey, it's a game after all and in TMP, Simulation has become almost inexistent, so why not? Most of those players with 3, 4 or 5 trailers would most likely be jamming 24/7 the usual places, so things wouldn't be much worse than now, I don't see any reasons to reject this suggestion.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

42 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

Hello trucker

This would cause a lot of problems, European roads are not prepared for this type of towing. Imagine you left the highway that has those tight curves with 5 trailers it would be impossible

But thanks for your idea. 

This would only add to the immersion by introducing a challenge that real-life drivers face. Just like in real life, you would need to plan your routes carefully and brief as part of your pre-trip. Road train drivers in real life need to take extreme care into where they're going. If they do get into strife, they would have to break apart the trailer. In-game that would be a quick press of F7.

The TruckersMP rules already states that "if you save edit to create a very long trailer combination but cannot safely handle it, you are liable to be banned for reckless driving and/or blocking" (see here for reference). So it's already made clear that you are fully responsible for the operation of your vehicle combination and if you take it somewhere that ends up getting stuck and blocking traffic, you are entirely within reason to be banned from the server. This wouldn't change just because the limit has been increased by one.

In any case, the base game only offers jobs for heavy combination trailers in select countries. You would have to go out of your way using the Job Dispatcher to generate a job in a country not suited for long trailers. By doing so, you acknowledge that you're taking the trailer somewhere that was never designed for it and accept the higher risk that you end up in sticky situation that could have a poor outcome for you.

• 5 months later...

Tandems are the longest legal consists allowed in Europe. HCTs and triples are not legal outside of certain Scandinavian countries. We allow them across the map because they're good fun, and the majority of roads in ETS can just about support HCTs.

Long triples, or longer trailer combinations as you are suggesting would cause significant problems even compared to HCTs at the moment, and therefore there are no plans to support longer trailer configurations.