FPS drops when "players near you" window is open

Grumpy99

Question

I have never noticed this before but after the latest updates i have been around 40-55FPS even if i am alone. Every time i play i always open the players near you window the first thing i do, today i forgot so i got a small chock when i had over 70FPS mid town of Malmö with players around me. I then opened the window and boom 40FPS...whaaaaat so i made this video, is it really supposed to be this heavy on the frames?? It doesn't really matter if it is 65FPS or 125FPS it still drops to around 50FPS.

Keep an eye on the FPS at bottom of the MSI overlay top right corner.

https://youtu.be/xzXO_8Yl530

8 answers to this question

Hello @Grumpy99,

FPS drop can be caused by outdated drivers.  "Enable Vsync"  is always better to have a stable FPS Rate of around 60 than often jumping between 180 till 45 or lower. Also, since TruckersMP is an external mod, you may experience fps drops.
Or setting the scale to 200% could be less 125% can be lower. turning off the "Load cabin accessories" and also "Load Flags".

Best Regards.
Myrianna.

• Like 2

I see you are new to the forums. First of all, welcome to forums! We are happy to see you! You can rest assured that I will do my best to solve your problem.

This happens for all people. You can try to launch with OpenGL.

Please follow these steps,
• Go to your Steam library

• Click on your ETS 2 game and select "play"

• Select "Launch with OpenGL" 64 bit

• Drive a short distance and save and exit your game

• After launch your multiplayer

I'll tell you why it happens though;

When you press 'TAB' all the tags, names, numbers and distances of other players from you appear.
It is the distance of other players from you that causes your FPS to drop the most, as it is constantly updating the distances of all the people in the busy area.
Other things such as new players coming into the area also have to be updated constantly, and so all of this will make your FPS drop whenever you open TAB.
In less crowded areas, the drop should not be too noticeable.

I copied this article from a previously opened version of the same topic. You can read the original if you wish.

Did the above methods work? If it worked, please select "Best Answer" so it can help other users with the same issue as you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope the rest of your day goes well! ❤️

Kind regards,

Samderali.

• Upvote 1

Hello there,

Has your question been answered with the above given answer(s)?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum organised!

I look forward to your response.

King regards,

Elih.

TruckersMP Support + Report Moderator

8 hours ago, Samderali said:

I see you are new to the forums. First of all, welcome to forums! We are happy to see you! You can rest assured that I will do my best to solve your problem.

This happens for all people. You can try to launch with OpenGL.

Please follow these steps,
• Go to your Steam library

• Click on your ETS 2 game and select "play"

• Select "Launch with OpenGL" 64 bit

• Drive a short distance and save and exit your game

• After launch your multiplayer

I'll tell you why it happens though;

When you press 'TAB' all the tags, names, numbers and distances of other players from you appear.
It is the distance of other players from you that causes your FPS to drop the most, as it is constantly updating the distances of all the people in the busy area.
Other things such as new players coming into the area also have to be updated constantly, and so all of this will make your FPS drop whenever you open TAB.
In less crowded areas, the drop should not be too noticeable.

I copied this article from a previously opened version of the same topic. You can read the original if you wish.

Did the above methods work? If it worked, please select "Best Answer" so it can help other users with the same issue as you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope the rest of your day goes well! ❤️

Kind regards,

Samderali.

Not entirely true i have biggest drop when i am alone since i have most FPS when i am alone. Driving over the bridge from Sweden to Denmark i had ~125FPS it still dropped to 50FPS not a single person near me and the "TAB window" was empty. The drops are actually lower the lower FPS i have so if i am in a dense area where i have sub 50FPS the drops aren't more than tops 10FPS.

7 hours ago, Elih. said:

Hello there,

Has your question been answered with the above given answer(s)?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum organised!

I look forward to your response.

King regards,

Elih.

TruckersMP Support + Report Moderator

Not really since this issue wasn't before the latest updates i guess something has gone wrong with the update of the "netcode" so i would appreciate if you left this question open until it is fully resolved. thank you

14 hours ago, Myriαnnα said:

Hello @Grumpy99,

FPS drop can be caused by outdated drivers.  "Enable Vsync"  is always better to have a stable FPS Rate of around 60 than often jumping between 180 till 45 or lower. Also, since TruckersMP is an external mod, you may experience fps drops.
Or setting the scale to 200% could be less 125% can be lower. turning off the "Load cabin accessories" and also "Load Flags".

Best Regards.
Myrianna.

Nothing of this is the issue i have mentioned but thank you for taking time to answer.

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thanks for all your participation.

Kind regards,
Lucas._
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to Inactive.

Hello there,

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you are still having issues, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

// Moved to Unsolved.

Kind regards,

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support

Regards, 

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support + Translator & DBus Translator