How server map "mod" works with truckersmp and ets2 game? (on example of April Fools 2023 road)

andnovator

After I saw April Fools 2023 Calais -> Duisburg road, I was interested - how trcukersmp laucher do it - map and model modification? For example, "default" ets2 mod (i think) uses some game files to "insert" modifications, and also often placed into game directory. But truckersmp live on AppData (for windows, "new" launcher). Or as truckersmp starts as dedicated for the game, can it do "anything"?

Btw, can this april fools 2023 road used with default ets2 game as "mod"? Can it be downloaded or "extracted" from truckersmp "cache" (btw, where this cache placed...)

The files are usually kept now at %appdata%/Roaming/TruckersMP/installation/data/ets2/mods

You should be able to rename the most recent .mp file to .scs and load it up as a mod

You can also follow this article in the knowledge base (which needs to be updated to reflect the changes to where the files are stored):

https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/1438

24H4oa0.jpg

You Can Find The Files At:

• Once you have decided which files you need, select them and copy them. (You can select multiple files by holding down the "Ctrl" key and selecting all files)
  • For Euro Truck Simulator 2, go to your "mod" folder C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\TruckersMP\installation\data\ets2\mods

• Right click on the “mod” folder and paste the file(s) you copied earlier.

• Now to do this you will need to rename all the files so they can work in single player mode:

Right click on a file and select "Rename"

Remove .mp from filename

Append .scs to the end of the filename

Once you've done that, you're ready and ready to go.

Please don't forget to  Open Hidden Items  while doing these.

• The necessary files are located in the “ProgramData” folder, which is a hidden folder. You will also need to enable file extensions. To be able to view this folder and its file extensions, you must do the following:
  • Open your file explorer
  • Go to the "View" tab

• Enable "Hidden items" and "File name extensions" in the "Show/hide" section

Now You Can See hidden folders and file extensions.

Have fun in advance 🥰

Screenshot_2.04.2023_01_12_37.png

Kind regards

Samderali

Wow, I appreciate all the answers, all was new for me, thx a lot FOR ALL (also realy fast!). 

I especially appreciate the patience of @Samdereli with a description of enabling possibly hidden extensions, all is enabled "by default" on my PCs 😆

Btw, is it feature that TruckersMP (new launcher) stored all mods, that it downloaded, without removing it? As a "cache", yes?

I though that april fools road .mp file was "cleaned" up after "update", but no 😁

btw, does "7rGblP47hlVigzHJ9TeL.mp" filename mean something or simple "not to use "aprill" word" [or is it simply auto-generated name]? 😀

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.