TruckersMP Launcher "error" "Game is Already running." [RESOLVED]

DxgePL

Question

Hello.
So I wanted to play some ETS2 on TruckersMP, Went on the launcher and clicked "Play" Button
The button turned gray, then when hovering over it with cursor I saw a message "Game is already running"
The launcher after that shuts off like it would turn on the game, but the game is not turning on. I've tried a lot of solutions, checked the task manager tab but found nothing
This maybe can help, but recently I've closed the game with ALT + F4. The game on steam turns on normally.
I've tried to uninstall TMP from scratch but I cannot find TruckersMP Folder in ProgramData
image.png.bc545d8d5c086ae5112e82a3332a0eab.png

Greetings

P.S Running the launcher as Administrator doesn't work aswell

10 answers to this question

Hello there,

After you closed the game, does it say in your Steam Library that the game is still running as well? Did you check if ETS2.exe is still running in your task-manager? Because from what I read it seems like your ETS2 doesn't close properly in the background.

Kind Regards,

Million88

2 minutes ago, Dxgeツ said:

@Million88
On Steam, ETS2 Is closed, it doesn't say it's running. I've checked the task-manager as I've mentionted, nothing called ETS2.exe or similar to that is running in the background

Did you try restarting Steam and then launch the TMP launcher to see if this already helps instead of restarting the whole pc? Also, have you already tried to verify the game files of ETS 2 in Steam? Or reinstall Steam?

I've tried restarting steam then launching TMP Launcher, I've verified the game files and there were 2 files missing, steam downloaded them but the error still occurs. Do I need to reinstall steam? I've got some games and I don't want to reinstall them all day. I've also reinstalled TMP, Still nothing. But to be honest that's strange that there's no TruckersMP Folder in ProgramData folder

OK Guys, I know Im making my situation even worse lol. I was dumb enough that I found a TruckersMP Folder in AppData, deleted it and then reinstalled the folder. Now I see this error and the logo is only popping out, but the launcher is not loading. Please help! I won't touch anything now, waiting for your help.
image.png.ed3166c4568211369ad62b562c5340f4.png
EDIT 1: Got TMP Folder back from the bin and put it in appdata, the Error is gone and the launcher is working properly, the problem with launching the game still occurs \:

1 hour ago, Dxgeツ said:

OK Guys, I know Im making my situation even worse lol. I was dumb enough that I found a TruckersMP Folder in AppData, deleted it and then reinstalled the folder. Now I see this error and the logo is only popping out, but the launcher is not loading. Please help! I won't touch anything now, waiting for your help.
image.png.ed3166c4568211369ad62b562c5340f4.png
EDIT 1: Got TMP Folder back from the bin and put it in appdata, the Error is gone and the launcher is working properly, the problem with launching the game still occurs \:

The problem with JavaScript error should be solved now. Uninstall the existing launcher, download a new installation file from the website and install it.

Kind regards,

Leon Baker

Support Team

Im only gonna mention that when starting the game in TMP, When I check steam Next to ETS2 Application in Game library, there is a spinning wheel for a second or two and it says "100%" Then it all disappears and nothing turns on
EDIT 1: The launcher turned on! sadly only once... When I rejoined because I wanted to change the servers, The launcher doesn't work again...

1 hour ago, Dxgeツ said:

Im only gonna mention that when starting the game in TMP, When I check steam Next to ETS2 Application in Game library, there is a spinning wheel for a second or two and it says "100%" Then it all disappears and nothing turns on
EDIT 1: The launcher turned on! sadly only once... When I rejoined because I wanted to change the servers, The launcher doesn't work again...

What error are you receiving this time?

Kind regards,

Leon Baker

Support Team

@Leon BakerThe same as on the picture on the up of the post, So there's no error but the button just turns grey, when hovering over it with a curson it says "Game is already running", It stays grey for a couple of seconds and it gets back to it's original color (Red). When turning the game on in the launcher, I can see that In Task Manager the ETS2.exe process turns on for 2-3 seconds then automatically turns off.

Hello @Dxgeツ,

I'm glad to see that your problem has been solved! (Changed the title to "Resolved") I will now move this topic to "solved"!

If you ever face any issues again, please don't hesitate to contact us via https://truckersmp.com/support or create a new topic here on the forum! 

Kind regards, 

Chris2306

TruckersMP - Support

//Closed and moved to solved