Will we ever get a better resolution quality for profile pictures?

'Carter

Hello drivers,

I've been wondering this for years, as it is hard to get a in-game photo to look good under 1MB. However, sometimes I manage as I do have a decent one currently. 
Although, it would be nice to have a better resolution that way we can share our photos as profile pictures. Furthermore, will we ever get the ability to go above 1MB?

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

Hey @Blehmaster👋

Firstly, it's a great question, and one that has crossed my mind on several occasions. Although I don't mind the limit being applied to profile pictures, I can sometimes find it an issue when trying to decrease a banner/image size so that I can apply it to an event post.

Typically, large photo and video file sizes will slow a website/forum down, especially if there is a large volume of them. Although I don't feel like profile pictures specifically would cause such issues, as TruckersMP's website and forum has a large number of accounts, this may be the reason behind the 1MB limit.

This theory would make sense, as like I mentioned further above, this is a limit that is also applied to event posts and not just profile pictures. That being said, if the limit was increased to 2MB, that would make a huge difference, as most of my images normally end up being around 1.5MB in size 😅

Moreover, I would understand if the TruckersMP team chose to keep the limit at 1MB, as It's important that the website/forum maintains low loading times (3 seconds at most), in order to keep it's daily activity.

spacer.png

You Can Try: Open the Snipping Tool>Take the Photo You Want>Save.

Or: Take a photo of the screen with the "F11" key and edit it with a photo editing application and save it.

Hope It Will Work For You.

Good Games.. Good Forums..

Archived