Updating /pinfo and /players command

Sunstrider

Suggestion Name: Update /pinfo and /players command

Suggestion Description: A better use for these commands.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: I believe it's time to overhaul these commands into something better.

/pinfo

How this command works currently. Type in their session id, get their name, steam id, and tmp id. Which is great for a report when you don't have "Show tmp id" checked from the in game settings.

My update to this command:

/pinfo id

Returns: Server Status. Joined TMP. Job. Language. VTC.

Example: /pinfo (me)

• Name is offline. Joined TMP on (Insert date). is hauling (cargo) to (destination). Speaks (User option to choose your main language). Is apart of (Insert VTC name).
  • Example with specific empty variables: Name is online. Joined TMP on (date). Isn't hauling anything. Speaks (insert). Isn't with a VTC.

Another idea for the "Server Status" could be when they relog.

• Somehow Lucky has logged. They aren't id 69 anymore. They are now 2947. The new player detected as 69 is (name).

Can that lead to stalking? Of course! it's no different then seeing the status button online and tracking them on the map.

Anyone who wants VTC info can speak with that player. As an alternative instead of waiting for the chat message to be in your chat log file.

/players

How this command works currently, it tells you the total number of players on the server.

My update to this command:

/players

Returns: Total players online. Total amount of players near you (tab list).

Example: /players

• There are 2952 players online. 27 of them are within 600m of you.

Another idea to expand this command is to use /players city_name. It would detect the number of players, not including staff, who are within the city limits.

/players calais

• There are 152 players in Calais.

/players Praha

• There is 1 player in Praha.

Some town names could be tough. I propose a new command for this /cityname (Type the name as it appears on the map). L'ile-Raouse is the example city from France DLC. The command would return the city id that the game uses for the console command goto (goto duisburg).

• An id of LRA could be the shortcut to using this command (/players LRA).

This would be beneficial to know how much traffic is any potential town before arriving.

Edited by Somehow Lucky
L'ile-Raouse is a part of France, not Italy. Correction noted by anonymous informant.
  • Upvote 4