How do you turn off rain physics while raining?

twix bar

Question

6 answers to this question

Unrealistic? I don't think so, wet road surface has huge impact on braking distance, even moreso when your weight is 40t.

However, tyres make a huge difference, choose those with best wet grip (braking) rating if you are playing ETS2.

800px-EC_tyre_label_CA.svg.png

If you don't own eiter Michelin or Goodyear DLC  which both offer excellent choices, you can pick "Elemental" tyres which are the best in the base game.

In ATS all the tyres seem equal, they don't have this label system in USA, but they all seem to perform better than basic "Trailmaster" tyres in ETS2.

Speeding and late braking should be avoided. With gradual and early braking you can even use retarder or egine brake without problems.

As far as I know you can't alter rain physics without modding the game, but you can always put rain probability slider all the way left in game options - no more rain.

• Upvote 2

Hello @twix bar

Has your question been answered by the answers that have been given above? 

The confirmation of the status of your question helps us keep our forum always organized! 

I await for your response.

Kind Regards,

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Support

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!

On 6/28/2022 at 10:31 PM, Granite said:

Unrealistic? I don't think so, wet road surface has huge impact on braking distance, even moreso when your weight is 40t.

However, tyres make a huge difference, choose those with best wet grip (braking) rating if you are playing ETS2.

800px-EC_tyre_label_CA.svg.png

If you don't own eiter Michelin or Goodyear DLC  which both offer excellent choices, you can pick "Elemental" tyres which are the best in the base game.

In ATS all the tyres seem equal, they don't have this label system in USA, but they all seem to perform better than basic "Trailmaster" tyres in ETS2.

Speeding and late braking should be avoided. With gradual and early braking you can even use retarder or egine brake without problems.

As far as I know you can't alter rain physics without modding the game, but you can always put rain probability slider all the way left in game options - no more rain.

Oh yeah, that could make a difference I didn't really pay attention to before. About the physics; the brakes just seem a tad too unrealistic for me. Braking with rain still feels like braking on ice which I don't think is realistic, so I find myself increasing the brake intensity to a more higher level. Maybe that could be because of lack of ABS simulation, but who really knows. Thanks for your answer though

Hello there,

I am glad to hear that you got an answer to your question.
Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating a topic or a support ticket.

Have a nice day ?

//Locked & Moved to Solved

Best regards,
Cute Fast
TruckersMP - Support

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------
ZZdd5tf.png

Languages/Diller: 1f1f9-1f1f7.png  (primary) /   1f1fa-1f1f8.png 1f1e9-1f1ea.png

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report