High ping for 3 days

Grgc

Question

9 answers to this question

Hey @Sevilla!

First of all, Welcome to TruckersMP Forums, especially in Help Section :tmp:

I would like introduce myself before I will going to help you with your issue ? I really appreciate you shared your issue with us!

My name is Petr (RedWolf_TMP), and I am member of TruckersMP Community. My hobby is asnwering/helping to others with their issues/questions as asoon as I am able to. I will do best for you to asnwer your question!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer to your question/issue:

• I suggest your to turn off all these programs like Discord, TeamSpeak, or everything what is used by your internet during your playing. 

Also please check this topics, that may be helpful for resolving your issue! 

https://forum.truckersmp.com/index.php?/topic/80863-guide-how-to-fix-your-ping/ 

Good luck! 

Sincerely,

RedWolf_TMP

TruckersMP Member

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello @Sevilla, how are you?

There are several factors that contribute to your ping being high, here are some of them:

> 1 - Your internet speed is very low and that causes you to lag, therefore your ping will be a very high value.

> 2 - If your internet is slow, this is also a factor that will contribute to your ping being high, this can happen for example:

> When there are many people using the internet at the same time: This occurs when a large number of people are using the internet, one more example, let's assume that an entire neighborhood is using the same internet from a provider. The company will take a few gigs off your internet and will 'lend' it to someone else to supply their system.

> 3 - Another factor that contributes to high ping is your computer, if it doesn't have the necessary or minimum requirements to run the game, this will make your ping very high.

> 4 - Your location also influences the ping. For example, I live in Brazil and my ping is between 160 to 230, this average is normal for me and I know I don't have a 'lag', above that I already know that something is wrong.

> 5 - The route that your internet takes to reach your home also influences. For example, maybe the route the ‘wires’ are taking is overloaded and this will leave you with the ‘lag’. Even Discord can be affected with what was described in topic 5. To solve this internet route problem, it is easy, just contact your internet provider and request another route for your internet.

I hope I helped and clarified your question.

Edited by JJay

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

15 minutes ago, Sevilla said:

I know why my internet might be slow or why my ping might be high, but my problem is..
Why am I getting 180ms on sim2 server while getting 40ms on sim1 server in the same minute? Don't you think this is strange? Is this a server issue?

Well, I'm not sure why, but I have a chance. If you get a low ping (ms) value on sim1, it means that this specific server is 'hosted' closer to you. Consequently, if in sim2 you have a higher ping (ms), it means that this server is hosted in a location farther away from your home. This happens here with me, my ping (ms) when I'm playing in US Simulation is between 90 and 150 around, while when I'm in sim1 or sim2 this value increases to 230 to 250, in this range, because these two servers are hosted far from the my house.

Remembering that it is a hypothesis does not mean that it is exactly that.

Best regards
_Thyagoof - Media Team TruckersMPChief Operating Officer at ALLIANCE Virtual

Hello,

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member and we will open this topic as per your request.

Best Regards,
Rico
TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello,

Due to this topic not wanting to be opened after 1 week of being Inactive, I will have to move it to Unsolved Topics.
If you are still having issues related to TruckersMP, feel free to contact us here: https://truckersmp.com/support

Kind Regards,
MatzeonTour
TruckersMP Support

//Moved to Unsolved Topics