Sign in to follow this  
Luqz

Guide: How to fix your ping

Today I will teach you how to get better ping for TruckersMP and for other multiplayer games!

Remember that this guide we will change the registry on the computer.

So if you feel unsure then you should refrain, but if you choose to give it a try, we can continue!

To begin with, I want you to read everything carefully and follow all the steps that I will write in this guide!

As we will work in the registry on your computer. Then it is important that you follow all the steps correctly!

1. Click on start, and then type "regedit". Options: Click directly on the search icon next to Windows logan and enter it there.

2. Now you should see "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE". Click on this twice and you should see more options.

3. Then go to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Media\SystemProfile

4. Now that you are on "SystemProfile" you should now see that there is one thing called "Network Throttling Index" mark it and click "change".

Change the value to eight pieces of F = FFFFFFFF

5. Now go to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\

6. Now there are some options for you, click on all the folders available here.

When you see that folder with the most content itself, you have found the right folder.

Here you should be able to see etc your IP address and more.

7. Now check if you see "TCPackFrequency". Can't find this so create it!
Right-click on the screen, select new, select Dword 32
Then, rename it to "TCPackFrequency" and click enter.
Right click on this and set value to 1.

8. Now create a new one by right-clicking, select new, select Dword 32. Dump it to "TCPNoDelay". Click enter.
Also on this you should set value to 1 so right click and select modify.

9. Go to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ

10. Here too, you should create a "TCPNoDelay".
Then right-click, new, Dword 32, dub to "TCPNoDelay" and set value to 1.

11. Last step! Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Parameters

Also create a "TCPNoDelay" here.
New -> Dword 32 -> TCPNoDelay.
And set value to 1.

12. Now you can close the registry!
You may need to restart your computer for this to take effect.
After you have restarted your computer you will see that you have lower ping than you had before!

If you need further help then answer the thread or send a DM so I will answer as soon as I can! :D

• Upvote 1

Any screenshots or other evidence that these changes actually make a difference? I've read somewhere that changing/adding any TCP values is completely useless for most online games, since they mostly use UDP for data transfers, not TCP. Ping times depend mostly on the distance between server - client and they run over ICMP (not TCP) so I don't really see how these changes can help...

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Any screenshots or other evidence that these changes actually make a difference? I've read somewhere that changing/adding any TCP values is completely useless for most online games, since they mostly use UDP for data transfers, not TCP. Ping times depend mostly on the distance between server - client and they run over ICMP (not TCP) so I don't really see how these changes can help...

I am very wary of screwing with anything that involves the registry, you can do serious damage & even totally kill your pc messing around in there....I sure as hell wouldn't dare attempt anything with out clear evidence that it works! 

As the saying goes, " If it ain't broke, Don't fix it! " Windows acts like a Rottweiler or German Sheppard, it will let you play with it & do its job but if you start poking it or fiddling with its " bits " it will turn around & rip your arm off ( BSOD ) 

• Haha 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Media\SystemProfile

The "Media" key doesnt exist, so that part of registry editor guide is pretty much useless (not useless but you know what i mean, sorta like redundant)

If it doesn't exist and you have to create the key(s) then dword's.

However this guide is pretty good, i will test it out (registry backups :wesmart:) and see how it goes. For those uncertain of effects.

Plus this method can depend on the system, ISP (internet service provider) & many other things, so it could make it better/worse.
(I will create the missing keys/dwords to see if it still works.)

EDIT 1: Ok so i did "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\", instantly crashed regedit on search. O.o

EDIT 2: Right so the interfaces thing from edit 1 did exist, regedit was being weird. However MSMQ\Parameters didnt exist so i created a key for that too. So far so good...

Edited by SgtBreadStick

5 hours ago, SgtBreadStick said:

The "Media" key doesnt exist, so that part of registry editor guide is pretty much useless (not useless but you know what i mean, sorta like redundant)

However this guide is pretty good, i will test it out (registry backups :wesmart:) and see how it goes. For those uncertain of effects.

Plus this method can depend on the system, ISP (internet service provider) & many other things, so it could make it better/worse.

EDIT 1: Ok so i did "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\", instantly crashed regedit on search. O.o

EDIT 2: Right so the interfaces thing from edit 1 did exist, regedit was being weird. However MSMQ\Parameters didnt exist so i created a key for that too. So far so good...

Still not gonna mess with it, as i said win is temperamental & can easily be broken! Guess you laughed at my dog joke?

• True Story 1

On 2/3/2019 at 1:27 PM, SgtBreadStick said:

Sorry I have been a bit inactive on the forum! But I hope it worked for you! ^^