D3V1L0M3N

Driver
 TruckersMP Profile
  • Last visited

1 Follower

About D3V1L0M3N

TruckersMP Information

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

D3V1L0M3N's Achievements

• One Month Later
  • Dedicated
  • First Post

Recent Badges

1. Hi Mate How Are U ? 

2. You stated that "event info has to be 'proxied' through their own infrastructure". You did not clarify what was meant by that so I assumed you were "proxying" requests through a script-controlled browser page (aka web scraping) that has loaded the domain 'truckersmp.com' (aka "their own infrastructure"). This would work so long as you're not spamming requests or set off Cloudflare's antibot protection. CORS exists for a reason and from your original post you haven't really made clear on why TruckersMP should allow requests from all origins. If you are using the official API correctly, there would be no need for this header to be removed/modified.
  3. I haven't played around with the API, but can't you just send a typical http request to the official TruckersMP APIs? It sounds like what you're trying to do currently is send the request from within a browser instance thats loaded truckersmp.com when that's not required. For example, to get information about a specific event, send a GET request to 'https://api.truckersmp.com/v2/events/{id}". If your VTC is trying to make this request from within their own webpage/dashboard, they should instead re-structure their back-end logic. The VTCs own server should instead send the request (on behalf of the user) and cache it locally. This way they will only need to send the request once, as opposed to every-time someone logs into the VTC dashboard and wants to view the event.
  4. This is already possible through save editing. You can copy the horn accessory from the MAN TGX and paste it onto any other truck you own. There's an in depth tutorial on save editing in the forums here:
  5. This is a somewhat ignorant thing to say imo, since there are other factors at play that can't be controlled. I have a top-tier PC and a decent internet connection for my area. However, I'm from Australia. That's on the opposite side of the planet from where TruckersMP servers are hosted. I could hop between internet providers here all day long but the unavoidable fact is that latency is a thing. The time it takes for a single packet to travel over to Europe is noticeable: 330ms on average. I can't change that. Its just physics. In some situations, sometimes a packet might take just that little bit longer to traverse the deep ocean fibre optic cables and the rats nest of network infrastructure that is the internet. In those cases, the latency would be just enough to to tip over the "High Ping" threshold on TruckersMP. It doesn't happen often, but its just enough to become mildly infuriating. A /reconnect command is such a simple feature but would be one of the most useful additions that could be added.
  6. I agree with this! At first, I thought this wasn't a command because reconnecting would require a fresh login. But that's not the case because you can type "game" into console, then click "Drive" and you get reconnected. I agree with this suggestion because I'm in Australia and latency can be unstable during peak times. Even if just one heartbeat takes 650ms, I have to stop, save and reload.
  7. Interesting read! It's nice to have a bit of a sneak peak at what's happening behind the scenes at TruckersMP. I do kinda wish you touched more on what "a shared economy, and a global reporting system" means for players, though. I'm guessing shared economy would mean job offers are synced but what about global reporting? How does that differ to the current report system?
  8. This would only add to the immersion by introducing a challenge that real-life drivers face. Just like in real life, you would need to plan your routes carefully and brief as part of your pre-trip. Road train drivers in real life need to take extreme care into where they're going. If they do get into strife, they would have to break apart the trailer. In-game that would be a quick press of F7. The TruckersMP rules already states that "if you save edit to create a very long trailer combination but cannot safely handle it, you are liable to be banned for reckless driving and/or blocking" (see here for reference). So it's already made clear that you are fully responsible for the operation of your vehicle combination and if you take it somewhere that ends up getting stuck and blocking traffic, you are entirely within reason to be banned from the server. This wouldn't change just because the limit has been increased by one. In any case, the base game only offers jobs for heavy combination trailers in select countries. You would have to go out of your way using the Job Dispatcher to generate a job in a country not suited for long trailers. By doing so, you acknowledge that you're taking the trailer somewhere that was never designed for it and accept the higher risk that you end up in sticky situation that could have a poor outcome for you.
  9. I guess there will always be those people that want to troll and ruin the experience for others regardless of shape or size of vehicle combo. But I think your point would strengthen the reasoning for limiting it to Master Trucker patrons as I imagine that most players who pledge aren't hopping on the server with the sole intention of disrupting other player's experience. I do agree with your point on the map. It's definitely not full of the straight endless highways we have here in Australia, though there is one route I've recently taken a liking to: Rotterdam to Graz. Once you pass Frankfurt Am Main, it's a straight shot rest of the way. One long stretch of highway with big sweeping curves. And since barely any players go out that far, I like to roleplay an interstate road train driver through there. But maybe I'm just weird that way
  10. Description Increase the trailer limit for ETS2. I noticed the limit has been increased for ATS but not ETS2. It would be super amazing if the limit was also increased for ETS2 even if by just one. Why should this be added? This would introduce the ability to configure much more unique trailer combinations. I personally would love to be able replicate the heavy haulers I see here in Australia. I understand a concern for increasing the limit would be the potential for higher traffic jams. I would like to counter that by saying, regardless of how many trailers the player is hauling, it is still the players' responsibility to ensure they are not impeding the flow of traffic via blocking or their inability to operate their vehicle combination. Players are not excused from those rules whether they are towing 1 trailer or 3 and increasing the limit would not give players a free pass to violate them. If traffic jams still are a concern, however, I would propose the option to restrict the increased trailer limit to highest-tier patrons only This would mean less players overall are able to tow more trailers while also giving patrons an incentive to pledge and support the TruckersMP server. I think this would be a great option as the current list of Master Trucker patron perks is rather limited.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.