Allow players to guide traffic on the kirkenes quarry road

Suggestion Name: Allow players to guide traffic on the kirkenes quarry road (or anywhere else where traffic is congested)

Suggestion Description: The road is very congested and I saw some cars that were helping to guide traffic and it was working very well. I decided to do this myself and I found someone else to help me out so we both managed the 1 way tunnel which is closer to the start of the road. We both took turns blocking to let people through the tunnel and we did this for about a half hour until an admin told us to stop even though it was working very well and traffic was the smoothest around that area that I've ever seen with only 50-100 people on tab rather than 150+.

Any example images: https://imgur.com/a/YD1VWLh (this is the admin that told us to stop doing this) Just going to mention something they said: "Admins are not going to manage this anyways. People who come here want to be stuck in traffic apparently." So what he's saying is that pertains to EVERYONE. I don't think EVERYONE enjoys being stuck for 2-3+ hours here. Pretty bad argument by them.

Why should it be added?: I think the rule that says normal players can't block and manage traffic should be changed a bit. If 2 normal players are doing a good job managing traffic, like we were, they should not be able to stop us. There is absolutely nothing wrong with helping out traffic in a congested area like this. Also something i should mention is there's almost no admins here anyway so who's going to manage traffic? The players.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

• Project Manager

Hello again,

From what I understand, you suggest to allow random players to moderate traffic in a high populated area. I know that there are people who can moderate traffic properly. However, who are these people? We cannot allow everyone to block traffic as they want.

We are aware that the road from Kirkenes city to Kirkenes quarry is really busy. But we do not have the resources to establish a 24/7 Game Moderator traffic management. There is no reason to drive on that road. Last time we did traffic management was at the "Big Sur" event in ATS. There was a World of Trucks event where everyone had to go to. There was a reason to drive on a specific road.

Most people visiting Kirkenes quarry do it to be stuck in traffic. And that is something we do not see a reason for to treat specially. We do moderate the traffic there in freecam or by reviewing reports but we will not block traffic. I can understand that not everyone drives there to be stuck in traffic. But it is similar to the CD road. Many players want this. ProMods is a really beautiful and large map. You could visit so many nice locations but apparently many players choose to visit Kirkenes quarry.

All in all, I will just point out the following: Allowing players to manage traffic how they want will lead to even more chaos as everyone will try to manage traffic their own way. In case this street stays that busy as it is currently we possibly change the way we moderate this area. However, for now our normal TruckersMP rules apply.

Thanks for your understanding and happy trucking.

//Declined

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 2

Appeal your banSubmit feedback | Have a nice day 🧡