Fatal Error possible reason?

Inerti

Question

I and probably few others have been struggling with FATAL ERROR and I made discovery that in busy cities when game replaces missing skins to default ones it can't handle replace process and leads to crash. Also big lag spikes seems to be gone for now (knocks on wood), which makes sence because no reason to replace skins. I am not saying this is reason for all fatal crashes but potentially one. I bought all dlc skins now and have not got a single fatal error crash after that (knocks on wood again). Amsterdam, Rotterdam, EP seems to work now. I don't have raven skin but saw when game replaced them to normal. So maybe game can handle it if one or few skins are missing but too much could cause crash. Would be nice to know for sure is it a reason so peoples dont waste money for skins and it is not working...

Could too many missing skins cause crash?

4 answers to this question

There are loads of reasons for fatal errors.  But I agree, I think DLC could potentially be one cause, However if you notice, If someone you see has a DLC skin that you don't have, they will appear as a default truck color on your screen. If you look in the screenshots thread, you can see at Truckfest, I uploaded screenshots where I had a Czech Paintjobs pack, but other people who didn't have it, posted screenshots where my truck appeared as a dull green color. Im sure the dev's know more about the fatal errors, either way, Knowing what causes it is one thing, actually fixing it is another. Also what are your PC specs?

You can also find the games crash logs on your PC, that tells you a load more information about the crash.

?q=76561198010396994&theme=Default

I know game replaces dlc skins to default ones, and I said that in first post. But I meant when game is doing the replace process it could cause fatal error because can't handle it... if you don't have all the skins and enable g_minicon 1 and go to city or open console, there is a lot red text about skin replaces which could stress game too much so it ends up to crash... Like I said I don't have fatal errors anymore after got all dlc skins. So that gave me the idea that maybe missing skins game is replacing are one reason for fatal error crashes peoples has.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.