Concerning bends in the game

unitedbattleship

Somehow I will like to talk about the bends in the game.

I consider myself a sensible driver in the game, as I keep my speed limiter on (90 km/h) and try my best to keep to speed limits on different roads. However there is something concerning the road geometry that has caught my attention.

If we look at the Germany base map (the not yet remade part of Germany - i.e. south Germany) we will find the very very old map that was built years ago that had a lot of unrealistic sharp bends that just didn't make sense on a three lane autobahn (even at 80 km/h - the speed limit of trucks on the German highway); I know that the map is supposed to be 1:20 scale but still it doesn't mean that there should be bends like that in the game. I remember that there are even bends in Switzerland that are so sharp there's almost no curvature to it.

I thought that this was a problem concerning the old base map only but in the vive la france DLC I discover that sharp bends like this still exist. Somehow I believe that these bends should be smoothened out as it feels extremely unrealistic to me. 

Does anyone share the same thoughts or is it just me?

We're always nearly there.

26 minutes ago, unitedbattleship said:

Somehow I will like to talk about the bends in the game.

I consider myself a sensible driver in the game, as I keep my speed limiter on (90 km/h) and try my best to keep to speed limits on different roads. However there is something concerning the road geometry that has caught my attention.

If we look at the Germany base map (the not yet remade part of Germany - i.e. south Germany) we will find the very very old map that was built years ago that had a lot of unrealistic sharp bends that just didn't make sense on a three lane autobahn (even at 80 km/h - the speed limit of trucks on the German highway); I know that the map is supposed to be 1:20 scale but still it doesn't mean that there should be bends like that in the game. I remember that there are even bends in Switzerland that are so sharp there's almost no curvature to it.

I thought that this was a problem concerning the old base map only but in the vive la france DLC I discover that sharp bends like this still exist. Somehow I believe that these bends should be smoothened out as it feels extremely unrealistic to me. 

Does anyone share the same thoughts or is it just me?

I understand what roads you mean and I can say that roads with similar geometry exist in the real world. Although I can not deny that it is possible to smooth them will be the right decision

I can see where you are coming from but in some countries there are some tight corners on motorways. On another note although you may be doing the speed limit, this doesn't mean that you have to floor it at the speed limit, you could slow down as a lot of trucks do in real life when a sharp corner appears.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear @unitedbattleship

Because this topic has been inactive for 14 days I am going to close this topic to keep the forums organised. Topics are started very frequently on the forums, so we need to make sure that the more active topics remain open for community.

If you have any question, don't be afraid to PM me :=)

// Locked and Moved to Archive.

Y6JLoj.png.1482f0bf87625eca4c05028e655c74c1.png

Archived