Request: Ability to Host Private server for friends only

Jame

Suggestion Name: Host Private Server

Suggestion Description: I understand that the Devs want this mod to be an MMO thing. But one BIG thing requested by many uses of this mod and many more uses that just play Singleplayer, They want the ability to host their own server with a password or something simliar. I personally want to use a server rented by myself or something to be used with the C2C Mod and maybe CanaDream/Viva Mexico mods aswell. I know the devs dont plan on adding those mods to the official addons for the official servers, but I want the ability(Even with the issues that come with it), to host a server anyways with those 1-3 mods. that me and my group i play with to be able to go anywhere in the united states(Canada/Mexico). I Could care less about adding mods for trucks or skins or whatever, I Just want to use those 1-3 mods in multiplayer. That is my dream to be able to drive with some friends and play that way. Many others want private servers for their own reason aswell. This has been request innumerable times and im hoping the devs maybe do something where you can rent a server from a actual company that provides them, this would allow the devs to get paid for their work on such a great mod. Also I saw that a new game mode is in the works adding in AI, I Think this would be a GREAT time for private servers, it would be easier for small servers to host with the increase in data/processing power needed for AI Vehicles(At least I think, i have no idea how coding works ect ect ect). Maybe make a deal with SCS to have a dedicated server provider like, NFO Servers, OVH, or Gameservers.com, something like that, that the devs can get some $$$ for their hard work put into this mod or Maybe just work with SCS and try to incorporate it into the base game with dedicated server software released. Something, ya know? Anyways thats my suggestion, and dream, i know its been said time and time again, but im just trying to make a point.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: N/A

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 2

Hello @Jame, we appreciate the time and efort you've put into explaining your suggestion, and the fact that you've made your research to know this has been suggested many times, but unfortunately it is still not gonna happen.

Spoiler

As you can see (again), your suggestion and/or similar concepts have been exposed many times in the past, but they always ended up being rejected.

Topic locked and moved to Rejected.

Usually findable between Western Germany and Denmark.

percent_0

• Enf099 locked this topic