Ets2 Mp doesn't work

Scania_mies

Question

When I double click TruckersMP on my desktop, the launcher shows up, and when I click "Play ets2", the administrator window  shows up: "Steam client bootstapper"

And I click Yes, then steam opens and I get the following question:

Allow to start game?

Ets2 is trying to start with these parameters: " Files (X86)\TruckersMP Launcher\Launcher.exe "

And when I click Ok The golden Euro truck simulator 2 logo shows up, but I don't see any "multiplayer" text in the starting screen. And the ets2Mp starting screen doesn't show up, instead the Ets2 profile selection shows up. Can someone help me?

Edited by JarnoKissa
Hey! I fixed the problem, I just added truckersmp to steam as a non-steam game and launched it, and it worked!

10 answers to this question

Hey there,

Make sure that you've linked ETS2 OR ATS to your TruckersMP Profile. If you didn't do that yet, go to your profile>settings>Linked Games/DLC's. Click on 'Check Games'. Make surey our steam profile is public, so it can find the game. Check in 5 minutes and go to your profile and then their should be under Activated or Not Activated: 'Linked Games: Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator." Then turn off your anti virus for a couple  minuites and run TruckersMP as administrator. It should have permssions then. If not, just reply here.

Best regards,

Rukiro

Hello @JarnoKissa

I had the same issue some days ago and fixed it, maybe you could give it a try :) 

Redownload ETS2 and TruckersMP, if it didn't fix the issue and it repeats again (which it did for me), try redownloading steam like I did.

Redownload Steam and it should fix it although all your games may be removed like mine did :P 

Regards,

TanFlicks

1 hour ago, Rukiro said:

Hey there,

Make sure that you've linked ETS2 OR ATS to your TruckersMP Profile. If you didn't do that yet, go to your profile>settings>Linked Games/DLC's. Click on 'Check Games'. Make surey our steam profile is public, so it can find the game. Check in 5 minutes and go to your profile and then their should be under Activated or Not Activated: 'Linked Games: Euro Truck Simulator 2 or American Truck Simulator." Then turn off your anti virus for a couple  minuites and run TruckersMP as administrator. It should have permssions then. If not, just reply here.

Best regards,

Rukiro

Didn't work :(

• HaulieCry 1

Hello!

Have you already tried to launch the Steam as an administrator? If you haven't, you should try to do so. 

Also, make sure that you launch the TruckersMP as an administrator as well.

Kind regards,

MHT

We're glad to hear that the problem has been solved now. Thank you for your help and participation! :)

/Locked and moved to Solved.