Use forum anti spam plugin/addon

RileyNeko

Suggestion Name:  Anti-spam for Forums

Suggestion Description: Enable a anti-spam tool/plugin/addon

Any example images:  n/a

Why should it be added?: Enable anti spam for forums since that is more respectful for forums users instead of getting a warning for "spamming", for the people who reply fast to forum posts this could happen accidentally
and a forum addon that says "You have to wait x seconds" is way better, if people spam after waiting then you should start giving warnings. Most big forums (e.g. Blizzard Games) uses a anti-spam addon since it is more respectful

to their players and then you could also catch the real spammers (that keep spamming after giving a automated warning message, that does not count as a forum warning) and give them a forum warning if they keep spamming much after receiving the automated warning.

So please consider using an addon/plugin/tool, I thought Invision Community has an antispam but this seems not enabled on this forum. 

• Upvote 1

Dutch Hazmat Special Division Manager at Viva Trucking NL

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't have much like this.

In addition, this is kind of pointless, as it would mostly just prevent people who accidentally double post and such, which we already don't warn for. Those who spam post i.e. in various threads quickly, and without reading, will continue to do so with no real trouble.

So, bottom line, finding one that works, potentially paying for it (which a lot of plugins for IPB require), isn't something we're gonna prioritize.

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.