Remove the ability to create appeals if a ban appeal is deemed to be abusive

Suggestion Name: Revoke the ability to create appeals for abusive requests

Suggestion Description: If the banned user is abusive towards the Game Moderator in their appeal or makes repetitively unconvincing appeals, the Game Moderator has the power to revoke appeal system access for the user, which means that the user will have to go through Feedback should they wish to make any further appeals, and Upper Staff will have the power to restore appeal system access if it was unfairly revoked. In highly extreme cases, the Game Mod (with the permission of Upper Staff) can also ban the user with appeal system access revoked, and the ban can be extended or edited to permanent in exceptional circumstances if it has already been imposed. 

Any example images: As I do not have any access to the administrative side of the appeal and banning systems, there is no way that I could get pictures of my own, and even if I could gain access, revealing the admin side of the appeal system in pictures for the purposes of making this suggestion would be a breach of the Information Security Policy (ISP). 

Why should it be added?: There are two sides to this argument in this suggestion as to why it should be added and why it shouldn't, but I am going to talk about the reasons why it should be added - Game Moderators shouldn't have to put up with people making abusive appeals as it's a waste of time to deal with an abusive user, and at this moment in time the only thing that Game Moderators can do is add time on to the original ban, but there is always a risk that the banned user can come back for more even if the ban is extended, so revoking access to the appeal system for abusive appeals helps bring on sufficient levels of order towards everyone involved in the appeals process so that banned users who genuinely have a case to put forward in their appeal can be responded to in a diplomatic manner. 

This information is accurate to the best of my knowledge. 

• Confused 1

Upper staff can already remove someones access to make appeals, and there is a maximum of 3 appeals per ban regardless. If a user is abusive in appeals they can forward it to a game manager or their team leader.

If they see it as necessary they can suggest a feature like this themselves, but that will then be based on the experiences of people actually working with the system from the staff side of things.

• True Story 2

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.