Show a friendly reminder of (commonly broken) rules every x minutes (where x is a number).

2Core

Suggestion Name: Show a friendly reminder of (commonly broken) rules every x minutes (where x is a number).

Suggestion Description: Each player sees a friendly reminder of a random (commonly broken) rules in the chat every x minutes.

Any example images: Nope.

Why should it be added?: As of writing this, the game/server never reminds players about the rules. Sometimes you see admins/mods being even more helpful by reminding players about a rule (In fact, some of them even translate it to other languages), which I really appreciate but I think this process needs to be executed automatically.

Here’s what I have in mind:
Have the server remind everyone about a random (commonly broken) rule in English + 2 / 4 other languages (so you can see the message in either 3 or 5 different languages) every x minutes.
However, the 3 / 5 translations of the message shouldn’t be displayed at once, you should display them 1 by 1, for example each translation of the message should be displayed 1 second after the last one. The reason why I think it’s better to show them 1 by 1 is because it makes it easier to look for the language you understand while driving, it’s also easier to read the message and its more user friendly to have it this way instead of displaying the 3 / 5 translations of the message within 1 millisecond.

Having this implemented into the system:
- Gives admins/mods more time to response to reports.
- Provides players more translations of the messages (admins/mods regularly write the message in English and 1 more language).
- The message will write each random (commonly broken) rule with the same words, which sort of helps players to remember the message and since the process is done automatically and not done by a person, the server doesn’t need to think about what to write in the message and how to translate it, because the values are already stored somewhere in the server. Like I said the process is done automatically so the phrases and translations should be ready to go.

Having this suggestion implemented into the system might look like an easy/small thing, but even the small things can help preventing big situations (like crashes cause by people breaking the rules).

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Not needed since Game Moderators have the announcement feature anyway and this would end up being annoying for those who know the rules very well. Successively occurring chat messages are always an issue. That is why the advertisements and information have been removed from the client. 

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.