Heavy trailers

PepeTheAnimal

Question

Hello,i nodest people have tags like 90 ton or 200 ton in their name.I found some mods in google for big ton on trailers but most are bugged,the trailer either jumps constantly ( before i pick it up and when its attached ) or the trailer is fine until i go over 30 km /h and the truck starts drifting.

Any one has any of these mods that works properly? i would like 90 ton,150 or 200.Thanks!

13 answers to this question

I'm using these without a problem:

http://www.trucknor.org/heavy-cargo.html

Be sure to equip and test them in singleplayer first and then switch over to multiplayer.

For your drifting issue, I never had that problem. What you can try is obviously testing another mod, cause there might be something wrong with the one you used.

Additionally you can go into the gameplay settings and search for "trailer stability". Increase that value for a more stable trailer and see if that fixes the problem!

Good luck!

PS: Do not use 0 tons trailers, as it is against the rules! :)

6654445639.png  ℹ️  Solutions to Common Problems   ℹ️  In-Game Rules

1 hour ago, -^- Kamazik_Chikataya -^- said:

I've tried that mod few times together with heavy cargo pack dlc , but whenever I try to switch from single to multi, game always reverts back tons to original values, whether I'm missing some steps or that one is compatible with single player only?

Yes it does the same for me. It reverts the values back to the original ones once you switch to multiplayer. BUT it doesn't revert the weight of your attached trailer.

This is solely my experience:

If you go into singleplayer all the heavy cargo trailers will have 200t (If you only activate the 200t mod like me). Select and attach a trailer, it will say 200t in the F6 menu.

Now hop into multiplayer and check the F6 menu again. It will tell you the default value, 45t or whatever it might be. But the weight will still be 200t. You can tell by simply driving the truck. There is a HUGE and absolutely noticeable difference between 45t and 200t ;)

However, if you now swap trailers the new one will have default values again.

So as long as you don't change trailers it will have your desired weight, 200t for me. I did not test this enough in order to tell you a fix or anything, but as long as dont change trailers it should work, no matter what the F6 menu tells you! :)

I hope this somewhat helps, good luck!

• Upvote 1

6654445639.png  ℹ️  Solutions to Common Problems   ℹ️  In-Game Rules

A suggestion if you were to use the 100+ Ton trailers would be to have the 8x4 axle on your truck, or 6x4. Some have said 6x4 Tag or Mid lift can work. You would need stable wheel coverage basically. Furthermore, a high HP engine. Say if you use a Scania, you'd aim for the 730HP which is the maximum.

Don't expect too much speed though, as the weight does seem to be accurate and you will be slow even with high HP.

You can search around on Google and check the sites which list all of these possible mods. Test some out and see how it goes. Good luck  :)

Edited by Krewlex
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnelele said:

I've tried that mod few times together with heavy cargo pack dlc , but whenever I try to switch from single to multi, game always reverts back tons to original values, whether I'm missing some steps or that one is compatible with single player only?

4 hours ago, Krewlex said:

A suggestion if you were to use the 100+ Ton trailers would be to have the 8x4 axle on your truck, or 6x4. Some have said 6x4 Tag or Mid lift can work. You would need stable wheel coverage basically. Furthermore, a high HP engine. Say if you use a Scania, you'd aim for the 730HP which is the maximum.

Don't expect too much speed though, as the weight does seem to be accurate and you will be slow even with high HP.

You can search around on Google and check the sites which list all of these possible mods. Test some out and see how it goes. Good luck  :)

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Already using a fully made scania with 750 hp everything set for Heavy cargo.

Simple missions have become boring and i am looking for tasks

And CrazyPillow i will test and give the answer

3 hours ago, Finnelele said:

Be sure to equip and test them in singleplayer first and then switch over to multiplayer.

For your drifting issue, I never had that problem. What you can try is obviously testing another mod, cause there might be something wrong with the one you used.

Additionally you can go into the gameplay settings and search for "trailer stability". Increase that value for a more stable trailer and see if that fixes the problem!

Good luck!

I think this mod is only for Heavy DLC pack which i dont have,i am looking for normal trailers with many ton

35 minutes ago, PepeTheAnimal said:

I think this mod is only for Heavy DLC pack which i dont have,i am looking for normal trailers with many ton

The link provided by Finnelele turns the DLC trailers into a Mod I think. This way you don't need the DLC. Doing this likely won't work in Multiplayer.

Sites like this, specifically this page may work - https://ets2.lt/en/90125-tons-trailer-spmp/

You'd want to look for the trailers already in the game, but with different weights. Trying to add a trailer which has a completely different cargo won't work.

15 hours ago, Krewlex said:

The link provided by Finnelele turns the DLC trailers into a Mod I think. This way you don't need the DLC. Doing this likely won't work in Multiplayer.

Sites like this, specifically this page may work - https://ets2.lt/en/90125-tons-trailer-spmp/

You'd want to look for the trailers already in the game, but with different weights. Trying to add a trailer which has a completely different cargo won't work.

i tried this mod and my truck was drifting when reaching over 30 km /h and my truck had full heavy setup.

6 hours ago, PepeTheAnimal said:

i tried this mod and my truck was drifting when reaching over 30 km /h and my truck had full heavy setup.

That is very weird. My only other suggestion then is what had been mentioned at the start of this thread, increase your brake and trailer stability. The trailer one should be on full anyway.

Flexible-Truck-Physics-2.jpg

If possible, are you able to provide a video example of the issue? I have seen that on a few occasions, the trailer will appear to shake, but nothing like the drifting you're describing.

11 hours ago, PepeTheAnimal said:

It's normal if you have a heavy trailer.

My advices:

Don't brake hard

Brake a little bit and stop pressing Brake key/pedal, the whole time until the truck stops

Calculate the stopping distance

Have a player tag with "Heavy Cargo (or something similar)" 

On 9/25/2017 at 8:42 AM, Finnelele ^_^ said:

Good luck!

I tried this for ATS and it made all my jobs disappear, and none of the regular methods fixed it (sleep, tow, force reset economy). Only removing the mod did.

I'm still looking for a mod like this for ATS that would work in TMP, but haven't had any luck.