Rocky Mountain doubles

aclements

I think the RMD are the ones crashing players games. One day me and my freind both had RMD and we didn't crash.  I was coming off a on ramp ,someone was coming onto the ramp to get on the HWY he crashed and a guy down the road crashed too.  I think that someone has a RMD and  you didn't have a RMD the game crashes.

The BASE game RMD shouldn't be causing crashes, as I've said I've driven past RMD doubles just fine. However, GAME SAVE MODIFIED RMDs might be what's causing all of these crashes. It shouldn't crash the player who modified it since those files are on their system, but those who don't have those files it crashes the game.. That's my guess and I sure hope this gets fixed because ATS MP is now unplayable, you have no clue when you'll crash... You just know you probably will within the day.

I think I've had this happen to me a couple of times - both when I was trying to park. The first time, I had just chosen my parking spot, I saw someone spawn in the loading bay, a trailer went flying and a couple of seconds later I crashed. I tried relogging only to crash twice more before I switched from the US server to the EU server so I could actually finish the job. The second time I didn't see anyone but the same situation with the crashing, relogging, and server change had to happen for me to be able to complete the delivery.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:30 AM, Trucking Gekco said:

The BASE game RMD shouldn't be causing crashes, as I've said I've driven past RMD doubles just fine. However, GAME SAVE MODIFIED RMDs might be what's causing all of these crashes. It shouldn't crash the player who modified it since those files are on their system, but those who don't have those files it crashes the game.. That's my guess and I sure hope this gets fixed because ATS MP is now unplayable, you have no clue when you'll crash... You just know you probably will within the day.

About two days after RMDs were dropped I was in Elko, picked myself up an RMD and not two minutes later myself and everyone in the city crashed, this occurred a few more times after relogging back, in which I ended up just giving up the trailer.  I have no modifications to the base game, only alteration that could be close would be TrucksBook and that doesn't modify the game to my knowledge.  I have not attempted to drive another RMD and have been religiously avoiding anything in NV to avoid crashing.  So, something is conflicting even with base game, straight vanilla, RMDs.

^ Yeah, so you picked up a BASE GAME RMD which is unmodified, and you didn't crash because of the double you picked because you said you crashed about few minutes later. My guess, the reason why you and others actually crashed is because someone in your area had a MODIFIED RMD which isn't in the base game so you don't have those files on your PC, which is why you and others crashed. 

I have a strong feeling the regular base game RMD are not the issue, yesterday my VTC had a convoy and we hauled 5 loads of RMDs and not one of us crashed. This leads me to believe that the regular RMDs are NOT the issue. Considering the crash issues have started happening after the update then there's an issue there, the only new thing added was the RMDs. So I'll agree there's something wrong there. However, I will not agree the base game RMDs are the ones causing crash issues, as I said, my VTC hauled 5 loads of them yesterday and not one of us crashed, if RMDs were truly the issue then we all would have crashed at least once. Still, this is just my guess, the issue is the players who decide to paint their trailers, or even switch the trailers to have 1 wallbert trailer and 1 bushnell trailer for example, THOSE players are the ones causing us to crash not those driving around with a default, unmodified RMD. 

48 minutes ago, Trucking Gekco said:

^ Yeah, so you picked up a BASE GAME RMD which is unmodified, and you didn't crash because of the double you picked because you said you crashed about few minutes later. My guess, the reason why you and others actually crashed is because someone in your area had a MODIFIED RMD which isn't in the base game so you don't have those files on your PC, which is why you and others crashed. 

I have a strong feeling the regular base game RMD are not the issue, yesterday my VTC had a convoy and we hauled 5 loads of RMDs and not one of us crashed. This leads me to believe that the regular RMDs are NOT the issue. Considering the crash issues have started happening after the update then there's an issue there, the only new thing added was the RMDs. So I'll agree there's something wrong there. However, I will not agree the base game RMDs are the ones causing crash issues, as I said, my VTC hauled 5 loads of them yesterday and not one of us crashed, if RMDs were truly the issue then we all would have crashed at least once. Still, this is just my guess, the issue is the players who decide to paint their trailers, or even switch the trailers to have 1 wallbert trailer and 1 bushnell trailer for example, THOSE players are the ones causing us to crash not those driving around with a default, unmodified RMD. 

You must have seriously lucked out then.  Just tried an RMD, left Elko towards Jackpot and no one else is on the road or near me, heading down the interstate and BAM, fatal error.  Relogged, continued down the interstate and once again, crashed and burned.  So either the Elko/Jackpot area is very unstable, or I'm just very very unlucky and someone decided to spawn in Jackpot with a modified RMD.

• mwl4 locked this topic

Archived