Add dashcams to trucks

Hi @[iETC] Gorillaz,

As I mentioned in the other topic you posted please use the correct format for suggestions.

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Secondly, I think this would be a cool idea, but not sure how this would work. And this is probably something you should suggest to the developers of the game, and not the multiplayer mod here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=5

A few things to keep in mind are, if you know a bit about computers, no matter if you have a "dashcam", or whatever, it is still recording the gameplay to your computer which would cause just as much lag to your computer, if not more because its a separate video than the one that's currently being showed on your screen. I use OBS for my recordings and it pretty much does not create any additional lag to my gameplay, a free download of it can be found here: https://obsproject.com/

Regards,

sko0923

I thinks its best just to use a recording software so we can upload it and actually put the link in the report. If we did add dashcams it would still be the same process. You would have to find the file, cut it down to where the incident happened, then upload it to youtube or Plays.TV anywhere which could show a video, fill in a report. I dont see the difference in adding a Dashcam it would just make your work a lot harder. 

20 minutes ago, Smalley - Truckers.FM said:

I thinks its best just to use a recording software so we can upload it and actually put the link in the report. If we did add dashcams it would still be the same process. You would have to find the file, cut it down to where the incident happened, then upload it to youtube or Plays.TV anywhere which could show a video, fill in a report. I dont see the difference in adding a Dashcam it would just make your work a lot harder. 

I had something in mind. I guess it would be an alternative. It wouldn't have the whole cab, like regular recording but just the road like regular dashcams. 

1 hour ago, sko0923 said:

Hi @[iETC] Gorillaz,

As I mentioned in the other topic you posted please use the correct format for suggestions.

Suggestion Name: 

Suggestion Description:

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

Secondly, I think this would be a cool idea, but not sure how this would work. And this is probably something you should suggest to the developers of the game, and not the multiplayer mod here: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewforum.php?f=5

A few things to keep in mind are, if you know a bit about computers, no matter if you have a "dashcam", or whatever, it is still recording the gameplay to your computer which would cause just as much lag to your computer, if not more because its a separate video than the one that's currently being showed on your screen. I use OBS for my recordings and it pretty much does not create any additional lag to my gameplay, a free download of it can be found here: https://obsproject.com/

Regards,

sko0923

Sorry about that, I thought I followed the format. I'll give that suggestion on those forums as you suggested. And sorry, I guess I kinda phrased it wrong and I'll give it an edit. I wanted an alternative, instead of the cab, a whole dashcam feel. Just the road, and all the details a dashcam would give.

• 1 month later...

This is nothing that can be added by TruckersMP unless it would be another third party mod but then again, it is not going to happen that third party mods are going to be supported any time soon. It really depends on what SCS Software is doing with the truck. If they can add a dashcam, it would be helpful but if they do not, there is nothing that can be done.

Moved to SCS.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.