My game has black background

Stabbs [FIN]

Question

Why my game is like that?

My game has black background and the mouse cursor doesnt work, its not crash or freezed up, the globe spins

At start there only sound but no ets2 and scs logo isnt shown, just black

Also i had this happen before like week ago and i had to reinstall it -_- i dont want to install it again

Just tested singleplayer, it works fine, so it has to be the TMP but i have reinstalled it multiple times :/

Edited by Aleksi2015

6 answers to this question

1-Enter My Documents

2-Delete ETS2MP & Euro Truck Simulator 2 Files

3-Re-enter the game.

I hope your problem is solved.

There are a couple of things that you can try to fix this,

1. Downgrade to an older driver version for your graphics card, this could fix the issue.

2. Try following this guide and see if it has any effect 

Spoiler

1. Right click ETS 2 in steam

2. Select 'Launch with OpenGL'

3. Let the game run and try going into game.

4. Exit the game and go back to steam, right click ETS 2 again but this time select 'Launch with DirectX (64-Bit)

5. Again go into game and then exit.

6. Start TruckersMP up and see if your FPS has increased back to normal levels.

3. Try using the .NET Repair tool https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=30135

Try the 3 steps outlined above and see if it helps!

For what its worth.

I had this problem yesterday and can confirm you need to delete the My Documents/Euro Truck simulator 2/ folder. I also deleted the TruckersMP folder (after I uninstalled everything of course).

Keep a copy of your profiles folder. (I created a folder in My documents called Euro Backup)

Reinstall ETS2 and TruckersMP then copy your "profiles" folder back across into the newly created Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder in My Documents and all should be well.

I did make sure to run SP first to ensure everything was connected to World of Trucks etc.

Since the topic has been inactive for 7 days, it will be moved to unsolved.

Thank you for participating.

/moved to unsolved