FPS problem

Pmuecke

Question

Hello , 

whenever i'm in the menu i get a decent 60 FPS but whenever i go in game i get only 30FPS with drops to 25FPS , could it be that my pc simply needs an upgrade or hase it to do with my interent (i'm using powerline adapters)

OS: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

RAM: 12GB

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz

Video Card:Geforce GTX Titan

14 answers to this question

This kind of look's like a troll post but i'll be professional anyway.

You can try re-installing your graphics drivers and see if your FPS improves, 

Download the driver from here,

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/117297

Choose 'clean install' when installing.

It's normal to have more FPS on the main menu than in game because more resources are needed when you are in-game. 

You can also try disabling V-Sync to improve your FPS, you can find it in the graphics section of ETS settings.

Kind Regards,

@xLolitax

You can try to make your operating system windows 10. You have a powerful Graphics card and Ram. Your processor looks a bit like an old serial. After updating the game is experiencing fps problems. I do not think it's related to your system.

image.png.d32d72f20578079aac89efa9358ba6dc.png

Reporting Player                    Appeal Your Ban                    Feedback System                    Rules

3 hours ago, SLAUGHTEER said:

@xLolitax

You can try to make your operating system windows 10. You have a powerful Graphics card and Ram. Your processor looks a bit like an old serial. After updating the game is experiencing fps problems. I do not think it's related to your system.

well i'm afraid to update to windows 10 since i don't wanne lose quite some games cause of this (the older games before windows 10)

3 hours ago, Sentinel_ said:

It's normal to have more FPS on the main menu than in game because more resources are needed when you are in-game. 

You can also try disabling V-Sync to improve your FPS, you can find it in the graphics section of ETS settings.

Kind Regards,

no troll , i have 0 idea if it comes to these kinds of things :s , but i can get overwatch on ultra without problem so that's why i found it wierd that i got that low of an fps on this game

9 minutes ago, xLolitax said:

no troll , i have 0 idea if it comes to these kinds of things :s , but i can get overwatch on ultra without problem so that's why i found it wierd that i got that low of an fps on this game

You made sure that you are running on DirectX 64bit and not Open GL?

1. Right click ETS 2 in steam

2. Select 'Launch with OpenGL'

3. Let the game run and try going into game.

4. Exit the game and go back to steam, right click ETS 2 again but this time select 'Launch with DirectX (64-Bit)

5. Again go into game and then exit.

6. Start TruckersMP up and see if your FPS has increased back to normal levels.

3 hours ago, Sentinel_ said:

Kind Regards,

before i would turn my v-sync off , is this bad for my pc itself ? i'v read that it's bad for your pc to turn it off

Mighty wierd..... Either, yer FULL and stuffed with malware and other nasty stuff on yer PC, that slows it down.... Can be something as simple, as an update running in the background....

I have the exact same CPU as you.... and WAY older hardware in general, and im running 50-60 FPS at a steady level o.O

With "old" i mean
GTX 580 (8 GB RAM) GPU
and, 8 GB RAM on the motherboard....
And yeah, the I7-2600.... which, is still packing quite a punch :)

With me running specs THIS low, compared to your's, AND... running in max settings... i can only guess, something is happening, locally, on yer computer :S  :'(

18 minutes ago, xLolitax said:

well i'm afraid to update to windows 10 since i don't wanne lose quite some games cause of this (the older games before windows 10)

You can reinstall games that you bought with steam and other platforms. I think Windows 10 is a faster operating system.

image.png.d32d72f20578079aac89efa9358ba6dc.png

Reporting Player                    Appeal Your Ban                    Feedback System                    Rules

11 minutes ago, Tina Cille pedersen said:

Mighty wierd..... Either, yer FULL and stuffed with malware and other nasty stuff on yer PC, that slows it down.... Can be something as simple, as an update running in the background....

I have the exact same CPU as you.... and WAY older hardware in general, and im running 50-60 FPS at a steady level o.O

With "old" i mean
GTX 580 (8 GB RAM) GPU

With me running specs THIS low, compared to your's, AND... running in max settings... i can only guess, something is happening, locally, on yer computer :S  :'(

well , i'll give it a good scan so if there is a nasty thing on it , it won't be there for long

15 minutes ago, xLolitax said:

before i would turn my v-sync off , is this bad for my pc itself ? i'v read that it's bad for your pc to turn it off

Where did you read that? Turning V-sync off will not damage your PC, don't worry. 

All it would mean is that your hardware will be producing more power and heat because of the extra FPS but it's nothing that your specifications can't handle, as long as your temps are low you are absolutely fine, you can check your temps by downloading Speccy.

15 minutes ago, Tina Cille pedersen said:

With "old" i mean
GTX 580 (8 GB RAM) GPU

His Titan could be bottle-necking the 2600

7 minutes ago, Sentinel_ said:

Where did you read that? Turning V-sync off will not damage your PC, don't worry. 

All it would mean is that your hardware will be producing more power and heat because of the extra FPS but it's nothing that your specifications can't handle, as long as your temps are low you are absolutely fine, you can check your temps by downloading Speccy.

His Titan could be bottle-necking the 2600

well my other games have no issue's it's just ets 2 tbh turned out my v-sync in menu now 325 FPS but once ingame it go's back to 35-40 FPS