TruckersMP from command-line

CynicalBusiness

Question

So, after a solid week of attempting fixes, bug reports, tickets, and fourm posts, my friend cannot get his TruckersMP launcher to open. At this point, we've given up on using it and just want the multiplayer to open.

I had the idea of zipping up my installation of TruckersMP, which functions and is fully patched and packed with `launcher_atsmp.exe` and `launcher_ets2mp.exe`, and giving it to him. It, per expectation, did not work, but we tried manually launching the `launcher_atsmp.exe`.

It, even on my working fully-patched copy, fails to launch claiming the version is outdated and that I should update, no matter how many times I do so.

How do I get this to launch? 

Edit: Renaming or removing the file does not result in it being re-created. It appears the launcher no longer uses it. What should I try to launch, in that case?

Edited by CynicalBusiness
Added another piece of information

3 answers to this question

Guest Cowie

my computer is very slow so it sometimes takes 2-5mins for it to open for me, so tell him to open it and wait like 5mins see if anything changes, thanks!!

The launcher usually takes a few seconds to maybe a minute to open depending on how powerful your computer is. Assuming you've tried to reinstall the multiplayer mod, I would attempt to try to launch as an administrator (Right click, launch as administrator) and see if that does anything. Good luck. :)

Has your friend upgraded his Windows 10 to the creators update because I believe many people are having problems with that.

Try running it in compatibility mode