Faster than me?

Sandmo

Question

Hello there.

So I've mostly been driving the most powerful Volvo truck with 750hp and bought the most expensive gearshift ( the 6 speed one ) and Im wondering why I often times see Trucks with Loads that always both accelerate, brake and turn MUCH better than me? 
Are they using mods and if so are they allowed or not?

5 answers to this question

There are several factors

a. different gameplay settings

- higher trailer stabilty

- higher breaking sensivity

- deactivated speedlimiter

b. Your weight is higher than the weight of the other truck

total weight = truck weight + trailer weight + cargo weight

c. technical reasons

bower/bhp = how much you can haul, torque/Nm = how fast you can accelerate.

Some engines do have a better power - and/or - torque distribution over frequency (rpm) than others.

Transmissions do have some loss of power. Some transmissions more than others

- or you are using automatic transmission mode and the other driver is using manual/seq schifting mode

- Grip of your tires is also an important factor

- so is the chassis configuration. A 6x4 has 4 powered axles while a 4x2 has only 2 powered axles

d. driver reasons

Some drivers do shift later than others or some hit the gas pedal harder than others.

• Upvote 1

"Just because others break rules, does not grant you the permission to break the rules as well"

Please drive respectful on the servers. Thank you!

If they are using keyboard they could have their steering sensitivity at a good level and also their braking intensity. 

They could also be using a wheel, gear shifts and pedals which means they can accelerate, change gears and turn corners much easier and smoother than something who is using a keyboard. 

On 3/9/2017 at 10:38 PM, Sandmo said:

Hello there.

So I've mostly been driving the most powerful Volvo truck with 750hp and bought the most expensive gearshift ( the 6 speed one ) and Im wondering why I often times see Trucks with Loads that always both accelerate, brake and turn MUCH better than me? 
Are they using mods and if so are they allowed or not?

Greetings,

There are quit a few reason in which people are faster than you, like the people above mentioned.

- Your engine may have more HP, but that doesn't necessarily mean that it can make you go faster.

- If you have a trailer, it could way more than the other player.

- Depending on your control setup (wheel, controller, keyboard) you could drive more efficiently.

- Also, like the users above mentioned, you could be limited because you either;

+ Have your truck speed limiter on (options > gameplay). Or,

+ You are using an "External Contract". The jobs you get after linking your profile to your World Of Trucks account.

- And the last thing, You mentioned about mods. They could be using an engine mod. But please read the rules before using one, if you do of course.

Hope this helps! :)

Edited by BalisticGaming

Chief Technology Officer & Developer for Freightway.