TruckersMP Launches unusually and weird error!

Griffin1110

Question

Hi all,

So I recently got ETS2 and got TruckersMP with it, Howver when I try to open Truckers MP and Press launch ETS2 it plays the intro sound and has a black screen until the end of the intro where I am brought to the profile selection screen but my mouse cursor won't move! then after i restart my PC and attempt to launch I get an error about assertion failed and option to send to the devs which I did,I couldn't get the error again but the black screen and no mouse movement still is a problem.

Normal ETS2 works fine and I enjoy playing it. 

Thanks

7 answers to this question

I had that for ages this is how I fixed my issue.....

Go to your steam account load single player mode but when you click play select "Launch with direct x" then wait till the game loads to the continue game menu.... after that exit the game and reload the TruckersMP and it will work fine afterwards you only need to do the step once you don't need to do it each time you want top play MP :) also note if the TruckerMP one day stops working and pops up with error that means there is an update just run the application as administrator and it will work fine :) let me know if this solution works for you :)

Edited by lxl Semper lxl

signature.jpg.5cd38befc21633fe77438b72dc53a924.jpg

Information about MP | In-Game Rules | Forum Rules | How to become an IGA | Guides for MP
Help | Report Someone | Game Sever Status | Staff ListRecording Software | Allowed Mod's MP

Treat people how YOU expect to be treated and your journey will be nice and relaxing 

Hey,

Try launching the TruckersMP client as administrator and see if that fixes your issue.

I also recommend you enabling DirectX to launch with your ETS2;

- Press Play on ETS2 in your Steam Library

- Press Launch with DirectX

- Close game

- Open up the MP client and then it should also run ETS2 MP with DirectX

Edited by Leff12345

3 hours ago, lxl Semper lxl said:

I had that for ages this is how I fixed my issue.....

Go to your steam account load single player mode but when you click play select "Launch with direct x" then wait till the game loads to the continue game menu.... after that exit the game and reload the TruckersMP and it will work fine afterwards you only need to do the step once you don't need to do it each time you want top play MP :) also note if the TruckerMP one day stops working and pops up with error that means there is an update just run the application as administrator and it will work fine :) let me know if this solution works for you :)

Hi thanks for the info i'll try doing that now will update!

EDIT: No sorry didn't work. still black screen and still no mouse movement :( 

Hi,

Please make sure that you have both of these programs installed at these versions (latest).

.NET Framework 4.6.2

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

VisualC++ 2015

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer after installing both of these programs.

Please let me know if the issue continues and I will try to help you further.