too high average ping! never happened before

Teddybear-UK

Question

hi everyone, first time me having to post here.

so the last 2 days or so, i keep getting booted for a too high average ping.

now, i have BT infinity 2, d/l speed is 76mb, u/l is 20mb, ping is only 15.

i haven't ever had this issue before and i'm not sure why i'm getting it now :/

any help would be appreciated.

i can't use an ethernet cable as the hub is in the living room.

6 answers to this question

Make sure your drivers are up-to-date.

If you're using windows 10, Windows is able to download on the background. This causes high ping. You can change the download times in the windows settings.

Check in taskmanager to see if there's an application that is using much internet.

I'd recommend to write down your internet speed per hour for 1 day. So you can check when your internet is fast.

And i recommend using an ethernet cable. Cables are most of the time possible even when your hub is in the living room.

Good Morning Teddy,

If you get high pings, what i suggest you do is get a pen or a pin, go to your modem box and reset it because when i get high pings and use that reset button, it works, Try it

Leo

|| Website || ETS2 Mods || ATS Mods || RLC ||  SnowBall Media || Knowledge Base || ..:: REPORT ::..

TRUCKING , IT IN OUR DNA

LOVE TRUCKING? KEEP ON TRUCKING

RLC_Discord_Avatar-o9dhjsnf9ecgmf2wkzecuhp8gwdqe6siv46rmtzw6o.png.a1b59544b8fc365f74366d259a2c8d22.png

//\\ ELECTRICRADIO //\\

Probably just a temporary line issue with BT.

I would just suggest you do the regular, turn your hub off for 1 minute and then turn it back on.

If the problem continues then you should contact BT about it.

I have my bets on this being a temporary issue.

--

To add on further, you should make sure that your hub isn't next to anything electrical as the electromagnetic frequencies can have an affect on your connection, if there are other users on your network you should ask them if they are in particular uploading anything on the network.

This seems like a temporary connection issue that is isolated to your household, a residential issue or an issue with your HUB but i would suggest that you see how your pings are for the next couple of days.

Also is your ping issue constant or do you only have the ping issues at specific times of the day, you should keep an eye on your ping for a couple of days.

The following post will also help you:

Report a player  |  Appeal a ban  |  Forum Rules  |  In-game Rules  |  Supported MODs  |  MP Launcher Error Solutions

Search TruckersMP Support for help or submit your own support ticket if forum members cannot successfully resolve your issue(s).

"Tea, coffee, pictures are all optional but not forgetting the trailer is mandatory "

My World of Trucks account - visit to learn about my multi and single player profiles.

76561198116137604.png