ETS2 freezing

Nuclairs

Question

Hello there guys! I´d be really appreciated if you could help me on a problem I´ve been dealing with for the last couple of weeks:

Lately, I´ve been unable to play both MP and SP due to the game freezing on several situations:

1. Selecting an old profile and being stuck forever at the loading screen.

2. Creating a new profile, and freezing when I select my first city.

3. Downloading a profile with some money and experience, and freezing when selecting a job or trying to purchase a truck.

I will leave you the last game.log the game has created so you can see or discover what the problem is... thanks beforehand!

PS. I have no mods nor I have done anything to the game to make it behave like this.

game.log.txt

7 answers to this question

I'm also having the same problem. I just got a new hard drive and a 550W corsair power supply and for some reason when I rest my game freezes, it takes a few mins for task manager to show up so i can restart the game :S

I didn't have any issues with my solid state driver and my old power supply so I have no idea why this is happening.

Edited by _Lee_

Anriandor, I appreciate your assitance, but:

1. I always run the launcher as administrator.

2. How exactly do I eliminate  "-rdevice dx9"?

3. How so? If I eliminate eurotrucks2.exe the games closes... Also I have no "core_ets2mp.dll" in that data folder.

4. I already have done that and it is fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I just don´t get how to do these steps. ^^"

Anriandor, I´m afraid nothing that you´ve posted as helped me... reinstalled the game and MP completely and still the same problems... so I may have to contact support :/

But anyways, I really appreciate your assistance! You too, Ryan!

Still, if anyone has an alternative solution, please post it here, I´d be really appreciated! :(

Hey there @Nuclairs,

I found out that these lines might cause your freezing situation:

00:00:27.985 : <ERROR> Game state load failed. Game state will be restored from the initial save.

00:00:49.368 : <WARNING> Another save is under way!

In order to find a solution for your launcher issue, try the following, please

• Run the launcher as an administrator.
  • Remove the "-rdevice dx9" running command line
  • Make sure that the process eurotrucks2.exe is not running. Also, try to delete the file manually [C:/ProgramData/TruckersMP/core_ets2mp.dll]
  • Verify the integrity of the game cache by opening steam, right-clicking ETS2/ATS => Properties => Local Files => "verify integrity of game cache"
  • BSItvL0.png
  • completely uninstall the whole game and download it again if the suggestion right above didn't work

That's basically all, you can do. Nevertheless, you should create a ticket: https://support.truckersmp.com/index.php?a=add

I really hope that I was able to help you. If so, please feel free to give positive feedback by voting up the post on your left-hand side of the screen. :)

Kind regards ;)

^ @Nuclairs, it's fine, that's why you're asking here on the forum.

1. That's great.

2. Click properties (like it is shown on the picture in my last post) go to the point at the very left "General" and click  "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS..." Then, delete what's in there (you can add this again if it didn't solve the issue)

3. If you do not have such a file, try do uninstall the launcher and install it again, please.

4. If the integrity of the game cache is already verified, the last approach will be to uninstall the base game and install it again.

Has nothing helped at all? Then I am stumped and you should try really ask the support for help or wait for others to reply.

Regards ;)