Flight Sim Economy: "Kinda like the career mode in ETS2 but with planes..."

Post-rock_syndrome

Recently, I've found myself hooked on another simulation experience with an economic side to it, so I thought I'd let you know as well, as some of the people here might also find this interesting.

Flight Sim Economy (or FSE for short)) is a totally free, community-made, website-driven addition to your Flight Sim experience, adding light-hearted (read as 'easy to get into, but way more complex than it might seem at first.) economy simulation on top of your simulation experience. Shortly put, nearly every airport in the world from tiny airstrips with gravel runways to major airports have passengers and cargo leaving and arriving and each of the planes the players use have a corresponding location as well as a home base. Planes of nearly every size and category can be rented, leased or owned by the players and used for carrying the said passengers and cargo, making you some virtual money, which can be used for buying more planes or managing your own network of airport bases (FBOs for short) complete with fuel pumps, repairshops and passenger terminals . All this happens in a shared economy with the other players and you can join various companies and groups (or be your own master, the game is fully open-ended in more ways than just one). Whether you'd enjoy bush flying in the middle of nowhere or landing a regional jet to a busy airport with online ATC on VATSIM or IVAO, you can (nearly) always find (mostly) realistic assignments on FSE to go after. Pilots of all skill levels are welcome as well, whether you're hundreds of hours of simulated flight hours in or someone who has just started learning how to fly. 

Compatible with both X-plane and FSX as well as any additional add-ons you might have running at the same time. Ofc, feel free to post any additional questions either to this thread or to an appropriate section at the FSE forums.   

• 3 weeks later...
  • Sunort locked this topic

Archived